Menu

When do I get concerned? RE an order placed and never received from convention

AimeeM

A month ago, at a local homeschool convention, I purchased (on site) materials for my chess club. I took on-site purchased materials with me from the convention - but one larger purchase was an order, to be delivered, of a large Demo Board. 

I haven't received it. 

I've e-mailed and received no response. 

When do I get worried? I need the demo board and it wasn't exactly cheap.

• Like 1

I'd be concerned now.

Did you pay by credit card? If so, has the charge gone through? By law, they must ship within stated or reasonable (30 day I think?) if not stated period or offer a refund of your money, at least for phone/mail orders I know. I had an issue like that once.

So, at this point with no response I would make one more attempt to contact the seller and then make a formal charge dispute with my credit card company. 

Edited by mtomom
  • Like 2

I did pay by credit card and have a copy of the receipt. I've long since received the other materials, ordered from other vendors at the same convention. 

I suppose if the timetable is reasonable and/or 30 days, I should wait a while longer, since it has been about 30 days now?

• Like 1

It could be back ordered and your supplier is out of stock. Lost in the mail? But they should let you know, so that you can buy it elsewhere if you need it. Did you email once only? Did you call too? It sounds as though you have not received any shipping conformation.

I would call credit card company to find out if charge has been submitted. Then start a claim dispute, or whatever it's called. I would do this now, even if you continue to try to contact the company.

No shipping confirmation + no return to your email = no more benefit of the doubt. IMHO.

• Like 3

Have you tried calling them? If not try that first. During convention season, I generally give businesses a bit of a break since they are busy, but a month is longer than I would wait. No contact or items received after 14 days would  surprise me, 21 days would alarm me.  If you get a hold of them and they say they have your order but didn't ship for some odd reason, let them know you would like it sent via 2 day or Express mail, at their cost. There is no reason you should have to wait that long for an order.

If you have no luck contacting them, then after 31 days, I would contact the credit card company and start the claims process. 

I had this happen with Rainbow Resource at a convention once. When I called they said that one item was on back order, so they held my entire order instead of shipping a partial order. Like you, we are talking about a month later.   I asked why they didn't contact me to let me know and they said that they had set my order aside, as they were expecting the item any day, and it got overlooked.   :thumbdown:  Overlooked, for a month.   Just a warning for anyone ordering from RR. I don't know of they are still bad about this, or not, but RR used to be pretty notorious for this, so order early. 

• Like 1

Look at your credit card statement. If they charged your credit card for the purchase and they have not responded to you, I would contact the bank that issued the credit card.

Try every avenue to contact them, and then turn the credit company on them. I wouldn't spend any more time waiting.

Well, today when I returned home, there it was. Ship date was only yesterday, so they must have overnighted it. Still not impressed that (although they must have received my e-mail) nobody bothered to correspond regarding it, here or not. 

Alessandra, I'll PM you.

Well, today when I returned home, there it was. Ship date was only yesterday, so they must have overnighted it. Still not impressed that (although they must have received my e-mail) nobody bothered to correspond regarding it, here or not. 

Alessandra, I'll PM you.

I once dealt with a weaving supply company that did the same thing.  I had ordered a product at the height of convention season... it didn't arrive and didn't arrive.  After 6 weeks I contacted them... no answer.  After 10weeks I contacted them again... still no reply.  I can't remember what happened to the phone number, but I know I tried (or looked for it). 

I asked on Fiber boards and the usual reaction was "Oh, I'ts a mom and pop company and that's the way they always are."  :confused1: :cursing:    Seriously??  They take forever AND they don't respond to emails??  What kind of company does that?!!  How hard is it to quickly respond to an email with "we're back ordered and will get to your order as soon as possible."  ?? 

Anyway, I got my product after about 3-4months.  I'm very happy with it, but I'll never order from them again.  It's too risky, IMHO.

I'm glad you got your item/s.