Menu

recipe storage websites

bettyandbob

I'll second PTE.  I use it mostly for recipe storage.  I love that I can access my recipes anywhere.  Also I love the widget, where I can add recipe from just about any website with one click and the bulk input when the widget doesn't work.  You can friend people on PTE and have access to their recipes.  So a couple of my IRL friends are on PTE, so if I want their lasagna recipe or margarita pie recipe, I can go look it up, rather than call them an get it.

I use pinterest.... how would it be different to use recipe storage?

The main features for me are that you can make meal plans and it generates a shopping list based on those plans.  I have my shopping list organized like the aisles of the grocery store I usually shop at, so I know exactly what I need to grab in each aisle with no backtracking.  I also like the ability to add tags to a recipe.  For instance, when I was doing my Easter meal planning, all I had to do was search for "Easter" and it brought up all the recipes I'd tagged with it from last year and anything else I'd found throughout the year that I wanted to try.

I also used the cooking view feature today, which is cool if you use a smartphone or tablet while you're cooking.  It displays each step of the recipe with the particular ingredients it calls for highlighted.  

You can try it free for 30 days if you're curious.  There's a tour here that goes through each of the features, also.

• Like 2

I use Paprika, which is an app, but available for windows, mac, and devices. I love that I can snip recipes on my computer, meal plan in the kitchen with my ipad, and the grocery list shows up on my phone, and they're all in sync.

I had to buy all the apps but there is no subscription fee on top of that.

I use Paprika, which is an app, but available for windows, mac, and devices. I love that I can snip recipes on my computer, meal plan in the kitchen with my ipad, and the grocery list shows up on my phone, and they're all in sync.

I had to buy all the apps but there is no subscription fee on top of that.

Another vote for Paprika.