Menu

Where do you buy your scrapbook albums?

HSDCY

I have been using Creative Memory albums to keep pictures and short notes (nothing fancy) for the last 8 years. I really need a new album now but don't have a CM consultant near by. Plus, their albums are pretty expensive. Are there good ones out there that I can get easily (not through a consultant) and are priced reasonably? Where do you get those? Thanks in advance.

P.S. My son enjoys flipping through his albums a lot so I need sturdy ones.

Ruth

I still get mine from CM. They've recently designed their pages to be true 12x12, so you can decorate a paper and put it on the page. Actually, they've had perfect fit paper that allows you to do that for quite a while, too. I don't personally care for posts. Also a really good friend of mine who lives up the street is a consultant so I don't have to go far to get my stuff. That's probably the biggest reason I do CM - that and the fact that they have terrified me into thinking that my pictures will be eaten away by acid and lignin in anything else. :D

I'd be willing to use a Close To My Heart album, because I also have a good friend who sells that stuff, too, if I didn't have to many CM albums already.

But, lots of people get their albums at Michael's and AC Moore and Joann's. They have some really pretty ones.

I have been using Creative Memory albums to keep pictures and short notes (nothing fancy) for the last 8 years. I really need a new album now but don't have a CM consultant near by. Plus, their albums are pretty expensive. Are there good ones out there that I can get easily (not through a consultant) and are priced reasonably? Where do you get those? Thanks in advance.

P.S. My son enjoys flipping through his albums a lot so I need sturdy ones.

Ruth

My primary albums are CM. I, personally, don't care for post bound albums because I end up filling the albums with as many pages as they can comfortably hold and have not found the posts to like that very much. :tongue_smilie: That said, I have found decent albums at AC Moore, Michael's, and the like with a coupon for albums that I don't intend to carry as many pages.

I use CM albums and they now even have pages that are like top-loaders, but are a side loading style so the top isn't open. Brand new this month actually and in a true 12x12 size, and you can use any papers in there, not just CM. They aren't as heavy as a full album page, which is nice as well. Just got mine and they are great...you can now decorate both sides of your decorative papers and slide it in instead of having to choose which side you like better, which would drive me crazy. :tongue_smilie:

I happen to know this because I *am* the lady down the street who sells the stuff. :001_huh: Even so, I tend to be of a mindset of "if you're doing what you love with your photos, then I love it too!" as I love to see how people make creative pages with all kinds of stuff, not just CM.

Anyway, I love CM albums for the sturdiness and uniformity on my shelf, though I do have an eye for Close to my Heart products...pretty stuff!

can just link to my page, order, and have it directly sent to you! If you haven't checked out a CM catalog lately, you should definitely look! There are SO many new things that I had to re-sign as a consultant just so I could buy it all!!

Oh, and btw, they have even MORE albums now - more sizes, true 12x12, etc. They are awesome!!

Thank you all.

I don't know much about scrapbooking, I only use them to keep my pictures because I was told that my photos will keep for a long time using CM products. Some of you have given me some names that I'd like to check into. I'll also go to local Target and Michael's to look around and compare.

Thanks again:)