Menu

Best chili recipe??

Anne

Mine won a chili contest many years ago :)

Saute a chopped onion with fresh garlic or garlic powder and a pound of ground beef. When beef is cooked, add 2 cans of diced tomatoes with or without green chiles and 2 cans of dark red kidney beans. Also add one tbs cumin and two tbs chile powder. Let cook, covered, for about an hour, stirring every now and again. Take cover off and taste. I usually add another tbs of cumin and another 2 tbs of chile powder, as well as salt and pepper. Cook for another hour or so uncovered, stirring every once in a while. Sometimes I serve it with sour cream or Greek yogurt or grated cheddar. You can spice it up with hot sauce as well.

• Like 3

Mine won a chili contest many years ago :)

Saute a chopped onion with fresh garlic or garlic powder and a pound of ground beef. When beef is cooked, add 2 cans of diced tomatoes with or without green chiles and 2 cans of dark red kidney beans. Also add one tbs cumin and two tbs chile powder. Let cook, covered, for about an hour, stirring every now and again. Take cover off and taste. I usually add another tbs of cumin and another 2 tbs of chile powder, as well as salt and pepper. Cook for another hour or so uncovered, stirring every once in a while. Sometimes I serve it with sour cream or Greek yogurt or grated cheddar. You can spice it up with hot sauce as well.

Mine is very similar to this and everyone loves it!

Erica

• Like 1

This is mine:

1 onion, chopped

3 cloves garlic, chopped

2 T cumin

1 T chili powder

1 large can of crushed tomatoes

3 cans of different kinds of beans (I don't love kidney beans in chili) and their liquid

1 can beef broth

1lb ground beef

Saute onions, garlic, and seasonings in your favorite oil until onions are soft. Add ground beef and brown. Add everything else. Cook for an hour. Serve over rice, with grated cheese.

• Like 1

I'll play!

1 lb ground beef

1 can red beans, drained & rinsed (we prefer red to kidney)

1 clove garlic, minced

3 Tbs chili powder

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp oregano

1/2 - 1 tbs brown sugar

3/4 tsp paprika

1 can crushed tomato (the 14-15 oz size) + 1 can water

1 small can tomato sauce (8 oz, I think)

1 tsp Better Than Buillon

salt to taste

Cook and drain beef, add all ingredients, simmer until thickened.

Edited by Cinder
  • Like 1