Menu

Yesterday I didn't nurse Romy in the morning for the first time. So she is officially weaned. I was grieving a bit as I fixed everyone's breakfast and handed Romy a cup of whole milk.

I moaned a bit dramatically about how I was useless and Luke jumped on the game and told me I was good for nothing (tongue in cheek, obviously).

Peyton said, "Hey, at least she poured the milk." :nopity:

:svengo:

Yesterday I didn't nurse Romy in the morning for the first time. So she is officially weaned. I was grieving a bit as I fixed everyone's breakfast and handed Romy a cup of whole milk.

I moaned a bit dramatically about how I was useless and Luke jumped on the game and told me I was good for nothing (tongue in cheek, obviously).

:grouphug: Amy, your kids sounds sweet. I don't know how you feel about nursing in general, but I since Romy is over a year I'm guessing atleast part of you must have enjoyed that part of motherhood.;) I always found it pretty sad and bitter sweet when my babies weaned. That new-found freedom always came with a price: my baby wasn't much of a baby anymore. :001_huh: Enjoy this new phase with your sweet daughter.

Ohhh, I really understand that feeling. Our youngest suddenly refused to nurse anymore at the ripe old age of 9 months. He just utterly refused to do it. It was very upsetting to me on a few different levels, but partly because I knew he would be our last baby. I had hoped to let him nurse for about 18 months, but he just stopped one day. It was very traumatic for me and I still feel sad when I think of it six years later.

Sending a big hug because weaning is often harder on the mom.:grouphug:

My body has just weaned my daughter, but she still wants me to pull up my shirt now and then so she can have a look! Sometimes she wants to put her mouth over my nipple, but I think she's forgotten how to suckle, or maybe it's just not worth the trouble to get the 1/4 tsp worth still left. I'm glad I can still inspire such delight, but I'd rather she didn't have to squeeze them just to check there's nothing there...

:)

Rosie