Menu

Anyone have WEDGITS?

tinag

I bought a set of 2nd hand no-name brand wedgits and they have been a hit. All 4 kids play with them, and the best part was they only cost me $1.50(I love thrift shops). I didn't want to spend the $$ the full priced real ones cost, but if you keep an eye out at thrift shops, or kijiji, etc you can likely find a cheap set. Even better post on freecycle you are looking for them, perhaps someone who had them flop at thier house will be happy to give them to you for free. I never feel bad about a toy flopping in my house when I got it for free or next to nothing.

My younger dd loves her Wedgits. She got one set as a gift a few years ago, then I found another set at a thrift store. It's true that the more you have, the more fun they are. Like others have said, she goes through phases. I think these are the perfect thing to play with while listening to read-alouds. And the engineering-type dads who visit us love them, too! (As does my dh, a professional model builder)

All my kids enjoy them. We have a double set, an expansion set and a set of cards. They make the best space ships....we've gone to the moon a lot in them. But, they do not play with them all the time, like they do with Legos. But, I'm happy to have them and I challenge to bigger boys to make a card design. I love the visuo-spatial element.