Menu

someone pick physics for me please

My youngest dd will be in 12th next year.  She will be pre-calculus complete and starting calculus.

We used Zumdahl for Chemistry this year.

I like the look the Giancoli but I hesitate to use it without more teacher resources and solution manuals.  I fear the "chattiness" of Apologia would not be a style dd would enjoy.  I'm concerned the incremental approach of Saxon would also not be a good fit.  I'm not sure how easy BJU would be to do at home. 

Oldest used and loved Conceptual Physics but she did not enjoy math.  She did very well with math but did not want an overly math based physics.  Youngest loves math and wants the challenge of a math heavy physics.

So....name that physics!!! 

Thanks MarkT.  I did read that first.  And second.  After the 3rd read through, I decided to post. 

I always hear good things about Derek Owens Physics but there are some free or cheaper ones if cost is in issue.

Rolling your own course is tough work!  

I'm not sure how easy BJU would be to do at home.

So....name that physics!!!

I just read the BJU Physics Lab manual last week.

I could not do most labs at home.

I'm not sure they have a lab dvd for it.

If you don't need 'labs' just 'physics' I think one could work his/her way through the textbook.

That is what I plan to do.

We won't use the whole book, just the required topics for the integrated science exam.

(Dd is on a language track and so will have less hours science then expected in USA)

We don't have lab requirements here, so that definetly coloured my reading :)

DO offers a self grading option that is not listed or not easy to find on the website. It is much cheaper if cost is a problem. My kids both decided not to take Physics, but if they had, I had every intention of using DO. It would have been our only outsourced science (because it is the only science I am not competent to teach).