Menu

I'm sick and need mindless movie recommendations, please.

Reflections

I went to the walk in today thinking that I'd developed a sinus infection after my cold and even though I was getting worse fast, I didn't think I was that bad yet. But I have bilateral ear infections, a sinus infection, pneumonia and what looks like strep throat.  And besides feeling absolutely crummy I feel sick to my stomach.  

So I need recommendations on movies or tv shows you like to watch on netflix, hulu, and amazon.  We don't have cable.

The Holiday is a good one to watch when sick. 

DH and I just watched Mad Dogs - Amazon original series

DH loved the Man in the High Castle and managed to binge watch it before I could watch it with him, so it must have been good

Gilmore Girls is my comfort TV show (netflix)

Hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1

I love Jane Austen when I'm sick (and when I'm not.) Pride and Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, Persuasion.

A Downton Abby marathon would be on my list, too.

Sometimes when I can't sleep I flip on a movie or two from my DVR (see Jane above) -- Down Periscope, Overboard and all the Iron Man movies. :)

• Like 2

Feel better! :)

If you never watched "House of Cards" (original or US remake), that's always good.  Plus new season should be released soon.

I think I saw some Rock Hudson/Doris Day films on Netflix last time I was on.  Those are always good fun.  (OK, they have "Touch of Mink" with Doris Day and Carey Grant. That's a good one, too.)

They also have "Charade" with Audrey Hepburn and Carey Grant and it's a very good fun mystery with great clothes.  Features Paris in the 1960s, too.  :)

• Like 1

I hope you feel better soon.

I haven't had time to watch yet, but I'm really, really wanting to watch Midsomer Murders on Netflix. The shows are based on the books by Caroline Graham, which I've read and loved.

I also like to watch Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt for a silly, funny type show.

• Like 1

Bride and Prejudice (bollywood Pride and Prejudice) surprisingly delightful

Rules of Engagement, just plain funny, although crass

Gilmore Girls

Friends

MASH

these are my daughter's favorites for lifting her spirits (she is chronically ill so Netflix is a refuge)

Me, I am more of an Arrow, Flash, Daredevil, Avengers, Walking Dead, Supernatural, Jessica Jones, Firefly, Criminal Minds, West Wing, Buffy the Vampire Slayer kind of gal, she doesn't like them when she isn't feeling well  because they are "dark" but I love them.

We both like

Merlin, Xena, Bones

• Like 2

I've been sick all week too... I feel your pain.  I just went on antibiotics yesterday.     Great lists... I'm going to use some of this ideas here.

But I wanted to add these titles to the list that are available on Netflix via live-streaming

Enchanted April

3rd Rock from the Sun

Longmire

Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt

edited to add:  Slings and Arrows (although I don't know if it's on  live-stream anymore).

Edited by PrincessMommy
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for taking the time to give me ideas.  They certainly have come in handy.  I run into a problem sometimes that I've maybe seen them all ... twice sometimes.... like West Wing and MASH (I think I've seen every episode 4 or more times in my life)  I haven't seen Tootsie in forever, I may break that out.  I still start giggling when thinking of Frasier and the scence where Giles gets drunk and performs CPR on the diver in the fishtank.  

I wish I could watch Longmire like I've never seen it before.  I really enjoy that show.

What I haven't seen and had forgotten about is Downton Abbey.   *headslap*  The last two seasons anyway.  I had to get away from it for a bit.  I was struggling with Edith's story line involving the baby.  

I've been watching Foyle's War which has been ... fun?  I like his style.  

I've been collecting old movies to binge watch, I may start digging through those. Has anyone ever seen any Audury Murphy movies available online anywhere?  

I'm looking forward to the new season (of Grimm, Blacklist, Scandal, and the one with the woman with all the tattoos - can't think of the name) starting up again...why is it taking so long?  It's the superbowl, isn't it?

I'm rambling.  Shutting up.

And thank you for the well wishes, I'm good if I stay put.  If I get up and move around, I plummet into the abyss of sick. 

• Like 1