Menu

Score One for the Home Team!

Congrats on getting the accommodations put through!!!  Has he taken some old tests yet?  What I've done is had dd take them completely but changing pen colors at the time, so we could see where she was needing the time.  He may need ALL of the time, even with the extra time.  

• Like 2

Congrats on getting the accommodations put through!!!  Has he taken some old tests yet?  What I've done is had dd take them completely but changing pen colors at the time, so we could see where she was needing the time.  He may need ALL of the time, even with the extra time.  

That's brilliant!

Congratulations, Heathermomster!

• Like 1

Yes, geodob was wrong about ACT accommodations covering SAT as well.

To clarify this:

"If you have a documented disability, you may be eligible for accommodations on SAT Program tests. Visit our Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) site for information about accommodations, the request process, and required documentation. If you’ve already been approved by SSD to take the PSAT/NMSQT or AP Exams with accommodations, you don’t need to submit a second request."

Which all use the same 'seven-digit SSD Eligibility Code'.

Uh, not to be dumb, but doesn't that bit of info Geodob found just mean that anything owned by the same company uses the same code??  And then by getting approval for accommodations in the one test you've gotten approval for ALL the tests owned by the same company...

ACT is a rival of SAT.  In fact, ACT use is going UP and SAT going down.  You'll need it for the PSAT, but other than that it's really a question of which test shows your student better.  You want to do practice tests for BOTH and then choose.  

Edited by OhElizabeth

Uh, not to be dumb, but doesn't that bit of info Geodob found just mean that anything owned by the same company uses the same code??  And then by getting approval for accommodations in the one test you've gotten approval for ALL the tests owned by the same company...

ACT is a rival of SAT.  In fact, ACT use is going UP and SAT going down.  You'll need it for the PSAT, but other than that it's really a question of which test shows your student better.  You want to do practice tests for BOTH and then choose.  

IDK...

:zombiechase:

Heather, it's really not that complicated, lol.  Get practice books from the library for the SAT and ACT.  Now the SAT is changing itself to try to be more like the ACT.  Anyways, do a couple of each, score them, and you'll have a pretty good sense of which is presenting your student better.  And I would definitely do the complete test, changing pen color.  That way you have complete information to compare.  

Edited by OhElizabeth

Oh no, not during the actual ACT, lol.  I meant while you're PRACTICING at HOME so you can change colors when the timer dings.   :lol:   That way you can say ok, on the SAT with extended time my scores are roughly equivalent to ACT without extended time.  Or some other freakish combination like that. Make sense?  So you're getting the info for both, then you can make your calculations about which test to put some energy into.

Or just of course nail it on the first test and don't need any of that.  But I'm just saying my thought process.  :)

• Like 2

Yes, geodob was wrong about ACT accommodations covering SAT as well.

To clarify this:

"If you have a documented disability, you may be eligible for accommodations on SAT Program tests. Visit our Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) site for information about accommodations, the request process, and required documentation. If you’ve already been approved by SSD to take the PSAT/NMSQT or AP Exams with accommodations, you don’t need to submit a second request."

Which all use the same 'seven-digit SSD Eligibility Code'.

I wonder if it applies to CLEP as well: https://clep.collegeboard.org/exam 

Oh no, not during the actual ACT, lol.  I meant while you're PRACTICING at HOME so you can change colors when the timer dings.   :lol:   That way you can say ok, on the SAT with extended time my scores are roughly equivalent to ACT without extended time.  Or some other freakish combination like that. Make sense?  So you're getting the info for both, then you can make your calculations about which test to put some energy into.

Or just of course nail it on the first test and don't need any of that.  But I'm just saying my thought process.   :)

Ok, that makes perfect sense.  

• Like 1