Menu

Whining - so low energy

Faithr

I am just dragging myself lately through the days.  I guess the winter blahs.  I'll do a quick wipe down of the powder room and then have to sit down with a cup of tea to recover.  Really it is tea-and-afghan-in-front-of-a-fire-with-a-good-book kind of time.  Please.  Don't make me do anything else!

• Like 3

Same here.  Our mild winter has recently turned brutal. And I've noticed my energy level has waned.  I've been doing a lot of hand sewing under a quilt while watching a documentary.   Or reading while football is on.   And surprisingly I've been sleeping really well considering my low activity level. 

Counting down the days until spring- I LOVE spring!

I love spring, too!

I've been doing citrus tonics every morning.  Basically I squeeze (with an easy handheld clamp squeezer) the juice of a lemon or a lime into a tall glass of water and drink it first thing.  Very refreshing, and I think I have more energy this way.  The mug of coffee is the wake up, and the citrus is the energy.

But I still want to nest and knit.  I think it's instinctive.

I think that's a good plan.  Do a chore, then have a nice hot cop of tea by the fire while reading a good book.  

Right now I'm cold. My heater is not working and the temps are plunging in my downstairs (we have a separate unit for the upstairs).  My dd has taken all of the blankets and is piled under them.  I can't focus to do anything.  I just want the heat back. 

Enjoy your book. :)

• Like 1

Is it a medical exhaustion?  Or just a regular, "It's cold and I want hot chocolate and a book" exhaustion? 

I'm feeling that second kind.  Not really exhaustion, but just can't think of anything I'd like to do other than read books and watch tv with a comfy blanket.  I have no desire for anything else. But it's not a medical kind of exhaustion where I want to do things and can't.

Edited by Garga