Menu

Leapfrog Leap Reader worth the money?

lacell

While I'm not familiar with that exact toy, I highly doubt it. Leap Frog electronic products tend to be highly segmented so that they can gauge the prices galore.

You can view several videos on YouTube of the product in action so that you can gauge the quality of the toy/how its used, etc.

• Like 1

My kids have leap pad 2s. I got them before our across country move last year (I was alone w 2 kids on 4 airplane rides...).

You can buy ebooks for the leap pads that do a similar action as the leap reader. You can click on a word and it reads it, and the stories are told to the kids and each word lights up. I honestly don't think it is any better than me reading to my kids and pointing at the words. It sounds great, but each ebook is like $7.50 and lasts maybe 10 minutes. I'm not sure how much they are for the Leap Reader.

I wouldn't get it unless you can get it used or at Goodwill. I've seen them at several goodwills, as well as the Leap TVs and Leap Pad 2s.

Leap Frog products appear inexpensive, but each book (or game) is separate and pricey compared to apps. It adds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The leapfrog reader is the pen that reads books, right? If so my kids loved it and we went through 2 of them. The girls didn't use it as practice they used it prior to learning to read. We didn't have any iPads at the time so this was pretty fun for them! They loved being able to listen to books independently. It even had a headphone jack so they could listen to their own in the car. Great for trips. It was used mostly during the toddler/preschooler age.

• Like 1