Menu

Treats for my chess club kiddos. I need "easy to make in bulk" treats that are GF, DF, CF

AimeeM

Make it BYOS (bring your own snack) and call it a day. I totally get dietary restrictions, having a food allergy self and child, but you are way nicer than me to bend to all these different needs.

I like making treats - and I enjoy learning new recipes, so it really isn't any skin off my back to do it. 

• Like 1

I often do rice krispie bars as a low allergy treat using vegan marshmallows (the ones I find don't have corn syrup).  I do think BYO snack is not a bad idea.

So vegan marshmallows would be the way I want to go. Do they melt as well as regular?

So vegan marshmallows would be the way I want to go. Do they melt as well as regular?

Yes. We use Earth Balance butter (vegan) and used to use GF Rice Krispies, but they were discontinued. What are you using instead? Now I'm craving Rice Krispie treats for the kids... :)

If you make rice crispy treats, be sure that the rice cereal does not have barley malt because that contains gluten. Kelloggs used to make a gluten free version but they have discontinued them. :sad: I have one box left.

I bet you could sell that box on eBay for a small fortune! :)

• Like 1

Yes. We use Earth Balance butter (vegan) and used to use GF Rice Krispies, but they were discontinued. What are you using instead? Now I'm craving Rice Krispie treats for the kids... :)

Well, Son of a Beaver.

I *was* going to use GF Rice Krispies. When DD was gluten-free, it's what I used. Why did they discontinue it???

Be sure to check for corn. I'd love to know the brand of corn free marshmallows. I have never found any and I have looked and looked. I'd love to buy some because then I'd only have to make gf graham crackers and my son could have s'mores again. It's just too much work to make marshmallows and graham crackers!

It's possible the ones I've seen were corn free but not soy free, can't remember for sure.

Everyone gets an apple and a handful of nuts. If you aren't allowed nuts, then everyone gets an apple and turkey cubes. If no meat, no dairy, no nuts, no gluten, and no corn, then you all are going to have to deal with hummus and carrots. Thankfully, I have never met a crowd that could not eat hummus and carrots with apples on the side.

To be honest that's what I bring for pretty much everything because it's so darn safe and healthy.

We do exist. 

• Like 1

Elyon kosher marshmallows are Corn free(and soy free). If you have anyone with a fish allergy, though, they do contain fish gelatin.

Hmmm, according to their facebook page the corn free are only available around Passover. I know I've seen these at Whole Foods and they had corn. I guess I will have to look for them closer to Passover and stock up. Might have to have my MIL send me a case as Passover isn't very big here.