Menu

MFP vs Lose it vs?

Ann.without.an.e

Do ya'll use the regular or the paid/premium? If you use the premium then what are the advantages? Thanks :)

I've used the free version for a couple years. I recently got the paid version for half price and decided to try it. The biggest difference is being able to create challenges. It also gives you insights (on days you drink Dr Pepper, you tend to go over your calories; on days you eat protein for breakfast you stay within your calories). The insights are based on your actual data. I definitely don't think the paid version is necessary but I was in a rut and the extra info is helpful.
  • Like 2

I've used the free version for a couple years. I recently got the paid version for half price and decided to try it. The biggest difference is being able to create challenges. It also gives you insights (on days you drink Dr Pepper, you tend to go over your calories; on days you eat protein for breakfast you stay within your calories). The insights are based on your actual data. I definitely don't think the paid version is necessary but I was in a rut and the extra info is helpful.

We had insights with our jawbones and it was fabulous. If I don't work out on Monday I'm likely not to work out more than three times that week. If I eat yogurt in the morning I don't work out in the afternoon. I never would have realized these things about myself. I also noticed just how much I sleep walk, but I don't think an app will help you with that. ;)
  • Like 2

We had insights with our jawbones and it was fabulous. If I don't work out on Monday I'm likely not to work out more than three times that week. If I eat yogurt in the morning I don't work out in the afternoon. I never would have realized these things about myself. I also noticed just how much I sleep walk, but I don't think an app will help you with that. ;)

Did you realize these things through the jawbone tracking app?

Yes, but you can only use the app if you have a jawbone. I got an old one without Bluetooth that cost $30, but good luck finding one for less than $100 last time I checked.

Does the app subscription expire?  I've been eyeing a jawbone.  I have a polar heartrate monitor but I hate the bulkiness and that darn chest strap is obnoxious.

Edited by Charleigh

Does the app subscription expire? I've been eyeing a jawbone. I have a polar heartrate monitor but I hate the bulkiness and that darn chest strap is obnoxious.

I don't know. I just went to check and it's not on my phone. I didn't remove it. I stopped about 3 months ago.

Does the app subscription expire? I've been eyeing a jawbone. I have a polar heartrate monitor but I hate the bulkiness and that darn chest strap is obnoxious.

The jawbone app is free, so it doesn't expire.

I love the insights. The smart coach is cool.

I have tiny wrists, and wear a small. Says 5.5 inches for a small.

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 1

Those insights sound cool. Does Lose It work with fitbit or just jawbone?

The free version of Lose It works with both plus a few other devices.

You only get the insights on Lose It with the paid subscription. It sounds like the insights with the Jawbone are free.

• Like 1