Menu

Oh my word, I messed up

DawnM

I ordered some earrings for myself.  

I have no idea what happened, but it let me check out with Amazon.com and that was easiest so I checked out with Amazon and the shipping AND billing address came up as a friend's that I had saved in Amazon, but would have never chosen.

I don't know if the site messed up or if I did, but they were sent to the wrong address, someone I had no intention of getting a gift for, and now it is showing up as having been delivered 2 weeks ago, to her, and from her, so she has no idea they are from me at all.

I don't feel comfortable asking her to send them to me, but she doesn't even have pierced ears and is over 70 years old, so it makes no sense to say I sent them to her.

ARGH!!!!!!!!

I guess I do nothing at this point.

• Like 1

I would call her, as well. She is probably going crazy trying to figure out who sent her the earrings -- as well as hoping she won't be charged for them. If she orders quite a few things from Amazon, she is probably going around in circles with them trying to figure out why they sent her something she didn't order.

• Like 2

I would call her, as well. She is probably going crazy trying to figure out who sent her the earrings -- as well as hoping she won't be charged for them. If she orders quite a few things from Amazon, she is probably going around in circles with them trying to figure out why they sent her something she didn't order.

Well, she has the beginnings of dementia and just got her car/DL taken away, so she probably will put them in a pile and forget about them.   

• Like 1

@DawnM   I vote for calling her up and letting her know what happened. If she doesn't have pierced ears they are of no use to her and she is probably wondering why someone sent them to her. Or, she is wondering if she ordered them... I don't understand how they could have her address for your Billing Address. That is pretty scary.  It sounds like you did not originally go to Amazon.com and that checking out via Amazon was one of your options and that something then went awry...   

• Like 2

Not sure I should call her.  As I have stated, she  has dementia.  She probably won't remember it or won't know where she put it.  If I call anyone, I will call her daughter.

She also doesn't drive, so she can't get to a PO to send it back to me.  

Call her daughter and see if you can arrange shipping if she can find them.   Do you think she might have given them to someone? I wouldn't normally suggest asking to get a gift back, but she isn't going to use them and it seems a waste.

Good cautionary tale to all of us...clean up our ship-to auto fils.

Well, you know, now I am not sure I clicked on it.

I think it just gave the option to "pay with Amazon" and I clicked that and didn't click any shipping address, but hers is listed first because of the alphabet.

I did NOT order through Amazon......I hadn't even known you could go to a 3rd party site and click, "Pay through Amazon" as an option.