Menu

I was mocked for carrying an umbrella (guess where I am)

Pegasus

Before I read the responses, I'm going to guess you're here in the Pacific Northwest-Portland to Seattle? :)

ETA: Yay! I was right! :D I actually did use an umbrella on Tuesday which was the hardest day of rain in my town. I was a downpour and I had to walk a few blocks from my car to the hair salon and back. I didn't want my newly styled hair to get drenched. ;)

Normally, I just put up the hood of my rain coat if it's more than a mist.

We have had lots of flooding here west of Portland. There was actually a tornado today in Battle Ground, WA not too far from the WA/OR border.

Edited by CAMom

It's really okay. The rest of the country gets back its own when Oregonians get snow. We are known for closing down major cities for a half an inch of snow or sometimes even the threat of snow. We are completely baffled by it unless it is in a contained area like Hoodoo. Whatever you do, don't ask us to drive in it.

dds attended school on the east coast.  as they were flying back - they happened to over hear a conversation between a transplant to the PNW, and an east coaster.  he was advising her on seattle snow.   "when they say it is slick, and icy, and you will skid and have no traction - believe them."  it's hills (some quite steep) - not flat.  and the snow is wet - which makes it very icy.

alot of transplants to this area have mocked seattlites in snow.  only to eat their words if they experience seattle snow by attempting to drive in it.

• Like 2

The reason the Pemco ads work here is that there is a culture of not taking ourselves so seriously.  So even as we "laugh at" someone for not using an umbrella, we're also laughing at our regional idiosyncrasies that lead us to (usually) not use one. 

my mom was the birkenstock -with socks.

• Like 1