Menu

Thank You!

My son received his first college acceptance today. I want to thank everyone here who answered my questions, offered support, and showed me that it is possible to homeschool high school and that I wouldn't be screwing him up for life.

Big sigh of relief and giant Ha! To my non supportive relatives.

• Like 20

And  I want to add for anyone with a completely average student like mine, right down to the solidly average sat scores.  Yes, they will get into college.

I spent many a day obsessing over some of those yahoo groups where they talked about their genius, completed high school when dumpling was 8, a concert pianist, cured pediatric aids, and didn't know how they were going to fit in that mission trip to Africa this summer and how will dumpling get into college posts.

• Like 8

And  I want to add for anyone with a completely average student like mine, right down to the solidly average sat scores.  Yes, they will get into college.

I spent many a day obsessing over some of those yahoo groups where they talked about their genius, completed high school when dumpling was 8, a concert pianist, cured pediatric aids, and didn't know how they were going to fit in that mission trip to Africa this summer and how will dumpling get into college posts.

Many of us seem to worry about helping or making sure our kids get into college.  I suspect that the super-achieving kids's parents are worried just like the rest of us.  Even when my older, non-homeschooled kid applied to colleges, I worried about it.  I guess it's part of the territory with having kids. :ohmy:   Congratulations again to yours on the first acceptance!!

• Like 6

Many of us seem to worry about helping or making sure our kids get into college. I suspect that the super-achieving kids's parents are worried just like the rest of us. Even when my older, non-homeschooled kid applied to colleges, I worried about it. I guess it's part of the territory with having kids. :ohmy: Congratulations again to yours on the first acceptance!!

Very true.

And I want to add for anyone with a completely average student like mine, right down to the solidly average sat scores. Yes, they will get into college.

Thank you and congratulations!