Menu

Panini Press Recommendations

Ethel Mertz

Does this exist? I'm looking for a panini press with ceramic plates, that also has removable plates (to go in the dishwasher). I've searched on Amazon and I can't find a press with ceramic plates that are also removable. 

PSA: When using your press or a sandwich maker, make sure that there isn't a cord from your crock pot or other appliance to get enclosed accidentally. I'm also in the market for a new crock pot.

Oster has one, but since the reviews weren't that great we went with the Cuisinart Griddler.  Not ceramic plates and more spendy, but very well-made & versatile.

My crockpot is probably one of the cheapest better ones out there.  It is the earlier version of this & I highly recommend it!   http://www.amazon.com/Crock-Pot-SCCPVL610-S-Programmable-Carry-Cooker/dp/B004P2NG0K/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1449257735&sr=1-2&keywords=rival+crock+pot  

• Like 1

We have the Cuisinart Griddler.  It was on my wish list for a long time, and found a new one at a yard sale for $15.  We use it almost everyday.  I like that the plates are removable.  Decluttered the big griddle, and will declutter the waffle iron if I can find the waffle plates cheap. 

• Like 2

Does this exist? I'm looking for a panini press with ceramic plates, that also has removable plates (to go in the dishwasher). I've searched on Amazon and I can't find a press with ceramic plates that are also removable. 

I was not even aware that there are ceramic plates for panini presses - so, does this mean that the "non-stick ceramic coating" is unlike PTFE? I don't use nonstick cookware, so, I can consider purchasing this one. I did a quick google search and Oster seems to have several with Duraceramic coating, but nor removable plates.

I was not even aware that there are ceramic plates for panini presses - so, does this mean that the "non-stick ceramic coating" is unlike PTFE? I don't use nonstick cookware, so, I can consider purchasing this one. I did a quick google search and Oster seems to have several with Duraceramic coating, but nor removable plates.

As far as I can tell, the duraceramic coating is much better and doesn't have all those nasty things that we're supposed to avoid in other non-stick coatings. I saw the Oster ones at Amazon and they don't have the removable plates, but I suppose I can live with that. But I'm also off now to check out the cuisinart griddler mentioned upthread!

PSA: When using your press or a sandwich maker, make sure that there isn't a cord from your crock pot or other appliance to get enclosed accidentally. I'm also in the market for a new crock pot.

I have one I really like and it has lasted for years, but nothing is removable. I hear if you want that you want the Cuisinart.

And I am sorry to hear about the loss of your crock pot. To find that you had killed your crock pot with your panini press must have been very traumatic.

I think we all should take a moment to say goodbye to Ethel's crockpot and sandwich maker.I'm picturing something in slo-mo, with music (mostly strings) ala the Talkng Dead, where they say goodbye to everyone who died in the episode.

• Like 3