Menu

There's still women who don't know based on signs in bathrooms...

unsinkable

FTR my mom used to manage a water and sewer department.  She even has licenses in water and sewer.  She never told her 3 daughters, who lived with her, that they should not flush tampons.

I've been menstruating for 36 years, flushed every tampon, and never had to call a plumber for a clog - except the time I tried to send crab legs down my in-sink disposer - now that was dumb.  :)

I will be teaching my kids to flush their tampons, unless I hear from the city that it is against the law or something.

I also will continue to flush.

I have been living in the same house with the same septic tank for 23 years. The tampons have never ever caused a problem. We have only had to have the septic tank pumped out twice in all those years and that was because it was full.

• Like 1

Only on WTM could a thread about flushing tampons become controversial and run 4 pages... Should we add "Tampons - to flush or not?" to our hot topic list? ;)

ETA, I can't help but think any men on this board are staying a mile away from this thread...

FWIW they should have signs up in the mens bathroom about what to flush and not...my DH throws everything either down the toilet or into the kitchen sink....he grew up with garbage disposals and even after living in houses without one for 14 years still treats it as such.

I have to say I've never seen those signs here in Australia except for the very occaisional one in old buildings. Instead we get signs reminding us to have our regular Pap smear or see our doctor if we feel depressed or STDs...( which I now have to explain to my kids after they learnt to read lol).

I must be extra stupid because I thought the bins in the public toilets where for the applicators and wrapping and pads...not the tampon. The comment about the crime scene made me laugh becuase that would be me trying to dispose of a tampon and then you have to get it off your hands before exiting the toilet because who wants to stand there washing blood off your hands in the sink in public. :/

Edited by sewingmama
  • Like 2