Menu

Christmas Gifts

Slache

What are you getting for your peeps and requesting for yourself?

Me:

-Haircut/highlights/feathers

-World Vision donation

-School stuff

-Workout stuff

DH: Awesome binoculars (his request)

DS5: Snap circuits jr.

DD2.5: Take her to Clairs and let her pick some stuffs

SIL: running shoes (her request, got her fitted on last visit)

MIL: really ugly dishes (her request)

FIL: TBD, possibly binoculars too

Mother: Amazon gift card

Father: TBD

Dh is getting a new TV (he's getting it early but it's because our current tv in the living room is having fits)

the girls.... ugh who knows, I know I am ordering dd1 a Frozen saucer chair and we are getting them both a netbook, dd2 will be getting a tricycle that's as far as I have gotten

as for myself.... I'm waiting to see if I get into the nursing program that starts in January, I will find out a week or two before Christmas. If I get in, my list will consist of stuff I need for school if I don't get in... amazon gift cards I can use to buy stuff for school in the Fall. Flannel or cotton pj pants (all of mine are now ripped and I only have fleecy ones left and I don't like them)

• Like 1

DS7: DIY Arabian Nights playset (itty bitty welcome mat sized reproduction of an Oriental carpet and picture books of relevant Flying Carpet stories), camo tie-dye shirt, brown sweat pants, Rummy Roots for his stocking

DS23: schmancy coffee and duct tape for his stocking

The maternal grandfolks are both still alive and will be getting hand lettered and numbered 2016 calendars made by ds7--a printout for the technophobe and a .pdf for the technophile.

• Like 1

All I have managed to figure out so far is the theme for my husband's stocking: Edgar Allan Poe.

I've ordered some socks (family tradition) with Poe's face on them, a t-shirt with a picture of the French cover of "The Raven" and a candle that purports to evoke Poe-like aromas.

I'm pretty sure I have a rubber stamp with the Raven poem as the background and a raven in the foreground. I can send it to you if you want to borrow it it make notecards or a art collage or something.

Let's see:

My parents- a gift certificate to Red Lobster.

My son has already received his present. A cell phone and monthly payment of said plan.

My son's fiancé- a Pandora bracelet with a Mommy penguin and her child.

Her son-one of those kid watches that does stuff. :p

My husband, probably clothes and shoes.

Me- designer perfume, it has been over two years since DH bought me Chanel Mademoiselle and I am extremely low.  L'occitane almond body oil.

Meghan- 3DS Animal Crossing Happy Homemaker game.

DragonWood-a game of daring and dice board game

Fashion Angel make up portfolio

Orb Factory Sticky Mosiacs I Love Horses and Owls (2 separate crafts)

Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms, The Guardian Herds:Stormbound, Wings of Fire Book 7,Winter Turning, Serafina and the Black Coat.

(4 books)

Time Turner necklace that Hermione wore

Inside Out dvd

Magazine subscription

an electric throw

horseback riding lessons

Could use some stocking ideas. :)

Come up with some stocking ideas-candy, multicolored socks, mini craft(s), small gift certificates to the movies, iTunes, and Starbucks. lip balm.

• Like 1

We got tickets for the family to see Matilda. That's the big present. We're making each kid a box of coupons....ideas are things like Pick Dinner tonight. Get out of a chore free, Get off of school for a day and some for special treats for each (bubble tea for one, coffee for another). The youngest will get one where we have to play a game of her choice. 

They will each get a book. Oldest is getting Thing Explainer by Randall Monroe. Not sure about other two yet. I'm thinking about giving each a box of breakfast cereal. My Mom gave the middle one a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch for his birthday and it was like gold. I might do a family board game gift. 

Stockings: 

A favorite kind of tea

Some kind of small game (last year it was Rat a Tat Cat, Moose in the House  and Zeus on the Loose).

I usually get them each a Lego minifig (one of the random packs) but I might also get them one of the new Lego Mixels which they all think are super cute.

I think they will all get fun socks.

Middle son will probably get some kind of crazy swim cap because he would think that was fun.

I might stick goggles in all of their stockings because they constantly lose goggles. 

Daughter might get some nail polish or some kind of sparkly hair things. 

Dh and I don't really do presents for each other. We just bought tickets to a concert we wanted to go to in January that is a bit of a splurge so we're calling that a Christmas gift. I know he made me a photo calendar with nature photos he has taken. He's done that the past few years. We sometimes get each other other small gifts for our stockings. 

• Like 2

Adults in my family don't exchange presents any more, so that makes things easier.

I think my "big gift" for each of my kids will be a beanbag chair.  Also one wanted a Rubik's Cube, so I bought that and I got the other a Pyraminx.  I'm trying to remember if I promised them any other "important gift" for Christmas, LOL.  There will be books and maybe some DS games or movies.  They will get lots of stuff from too many childless aunties, so they will be covered as long as I put something under the tree.

I need to check with my sister about what her little girls would like.  I ordered some toys for the young nephews.  I'll try to come up with something for the teen girls.  I think everyone else is just getting gift cards and nut tins.  (I have to buy nut tins for my kids' scout fundraiser.)

• Like 1