Menu

I am not going to give birth to this baby.

Reya

She is going to rip through my abdomen like a bad replay of ALIENS. She's been trying for at least 6 weeks (scrabbling for traction on a hip bone, shoving her head under a rib, etc., and pushing with every ounce of her NOT-so-inconsiderable-strength), and I think she's going to succeed. There have been days when she's hit parts of my uterus so hard that whole SECTIONS are one big bruise.

I would also like to mention that I wasn't really worried about the last baby. This one, though--she's going to be my baby from the netherworld, I can tell. And I'm not a weenie. I thought my first one was pretty easy, and he screamed his head off from the age of 2 hours to 6 months any time he was set down! (I became the master of the one-handed-shopping-cart fandango. :-P)

Sounds like a strong one! My DD was almost 10 pounds and came out holding her head up!

10lbs??? TRALALALALA!!! I'm not listening!

My last was early but big for gestational age. This one scared the doc by bunching up uncooperatively when it was time to measure her, so I got sent to the perinatologist again, who measured her big, too. I'm hoping that I can make it to 37 weeks but also hoping for a nice 7lb baby. I'm a small woman here!!!! My even-smaller DS didn't exactly come without collateral damage....

I honestly thought I was going to explode from my gargantuan size and her sheer activity! She was average in size--7 lbs., 8 ounces, but she sure made up for it in activity.

My method for inducing labor, when you're ready, is to sit down and have a good cry over your condition---at least it worked for me. I think God had mercy on me at that point and said, "OK, kiddo, you can go ahead and have this baby!"

I honestly thought I was going to explode from my gargantuan size and her sheer activity! She was average in size--7 lbs., 8 ounces, but she sure made up for it in activity.

My method for inducing labor, when you're ready, is to sit down and have a good cry over your condition---at least it worked for me. I think God had mercy on me at that point and said, "OK, kiddo, you can go ahead and have this baby!"

:lol::lol: Yes, I agree that this is a very effective method for inducing labor. This was the case with my twins (although I had to cry for two days:glare: makes sense I guess). One of them was a little kung fu master and she came out rip rearing to go. She was my most challenging baby but is now at age 6 the most compliant loving child. The other one just couldn't help having her poor little head stuck up under my ribs. Her sister wouldn't let her come out of the corner :tongue_smilie:.

Hang in there, we know how you feel. :grouphug:

My third spent his last weeks upside-down pushing HARD against my cervix. It felt like he would just climb out on his own.

Sometimes, she whacks it so hard out of the blue that I gasp and double over a little automatically.

Let me tell you, THAT gets attention in the grocery store! :-P

I had a veryveryveryvery fast labor with the first one. The #$%# doctor wouldn't even come right away because he assumed it'd be hours!!! That's why I want a LITTLE one again. 34 weeks today, so I've got at least three more if things go right....but I'm hoping for 3 exactly. :-P (Because of all the perinatologist visits, I know we've got the due date spot-on. For once.)

If it's any consolation, I had a super active baby just like that. Because we were planning a home birth, the midwives had me counting fetal movements every evening the last week. I can't remember the range for "normal" in an hour, but he was always the top number, right on the money.

This boy came out of the womb and went to sleep and didn't wake until he was 3. As an infant, he slept 16 - 18 hours out of every 24. He took two 3-hour naps every day, then cut down to one 4-hour nap. I'd set him in his crib at 1pm and then didn't see him all afternoon. When he was awake, he definitely had an agenda, and had to pack a lot of activity into those few hours. It was a shocking thing, I guess he just wore himself out in the womb! Hopefully yours will be the same.

If it's any consolation, I had a super active baby just like that. Because we were planning a home birth, the midwives had me counting fetal movements every evening the last week. I can't remember the range for "normal" in an hour, but he was always the top number, right on the money.

This boy came out of the womb and went to sleep and didn't wake until he was 3. As an infant, he slept 16 - 18 hours out of every 24. He took two 3-hour naps every day, then cut down to one 4-hour nap. I'd set him in his crib at 1pm and then didn't see him all afternoon. When he was awake, he definitely had an agenda, and had to pack a lot of activity into those few hours. It was a shocking thing, I guess he just wore himself out in the womb! Hopefully yours will be the same.

Oooh, I want one of those! I've got a busy one in utero right now and hope she'll be good and tired by the time she joins us!

She is going to rip through my abdomen like a bad replay of ALIENS. She's been trying for at least 6 weeks (scrabbling for traction on a hip bone, shoving her head under a rib, etc., and pushing with every ounce of her NOT-so-inconsiderable-strength), and I think she's going to succeed. There have been days when she's hit parts of my uterus so hard that whole SECTIONS are one big bruise.

I would also like to mention that I wasn't really worried about the last baby. This one, though--she's going to be my baby from the netherworld, I can tell. And I'm not a weenie. I thought my first one was pretty easy, and he screamed his head off from the age of 2 hours to 6 months any time he was set down! (I became the master of the one-handed-shopping-cart fandango. :-P)

My first two were trapeze artists in the womb. The worst is when you're driving and it happens - a foot is wedged between your ribs -- is that even possible? It sure felt like it!

:grouphug::grouphug: to you,

~Dana

Sounds like a strong one! My DD was almost 10 pounds and came out holding her head up!

My dd was 2 months pre-mature and weighed 9lbs 15 oz, she left the hospital a week later wearing a size 9 months sleeper.;) Everyone just assumes it was my hardest birth and took forever but let me tell you, when a 10 lb baby decides it wants out, there's no stopping her!:001_huh: I won't say it was painless but it was definately quick! My Dr got one glove on and just barely caught her as she went bungie jumping by, but it was a good save.:)

My 10lb plus (and 24 inch long) baby had me in so much pain during the last month or so, I could barely walk around.

At night, when I would lay down on the couch, and my muscles would relax a little, his moving around felt like he was bracing his feet against my pelvis, trying to break it apart.

I felt like I'd been hit by a truck after I delivered him. No burst of energy, no rush of euphoria. Just weeping, and shaking like Jell-o. (And a feeble, "I think you're right, dear" when my husband suggested a vasectomy for the second time).

But, Reya, I'm sure yours will be totally different!

Have a good day! (Snickers wickedly)

(All kidding aside, I do sympathize. Hopefully it will be as some of these ladies have experienced, and your little dear will be so happy to be out, that she'll be one of those eating/sleeping champs. Sorry for your pain...but I'm so excited for you! A baby!)

My DS was a binary baby--either ON or OFF. Not too much "just kickin' back" with him! He slept the absolute average for babies, though.

This one already has a sleep schedule. She's had it for weeks, and I'm not too thrilled because one of her "AWAKE!!!!" times is roughly midnight to 4 AM. Uh-uh. Not going to work.

At night, when I would lay down on the couch, and my muscles would relax a little, his moving around felt like he was bracing his feet against my pelvis, trying to break it apart.

But, Reya, I'm sure yours will be totally different!

Have a good day! (Snickers wickedly)

Haha! Yes, that I don't mind so much--she used to go crosswise against my hips and push on them both simultaneously, as if she could make them wider by sheer pushing. They are hard and tough, though. Much better than when she has, say, one shoulder braced against my hip and a foot trying to drive a hole through my belly button.

(Speaking of which, she's waking up for her 10:30 AM-2 PM wake time now...)

I'm telling her to think small. Small, darn it! :-) I want a full term baby AND a small one. :-P

When I was at meetings, complete strangers would be fascinated by the movements being made by my suitjacket as she did her gymnastics. As for nights - they were worse. Then when she was born, she was colicky.

I'd actually forgotten all this - she's 16 now and those were the good old days. Who'd have thought? :confused:

When I was at meetings, complete strangers would be fascinated by the movements being made by my suitjacket as she did her gymnastics. As for nights - they were worse. Then when she was born, she was colicky.

I'd actually forgotten all this - she's 16 now and those were the good old days. Who'd have thought? :confused:

*g* My DH keeps saying, "Are you SURE she's all right? Are you SURE there's not something wrong?"

I keep telling him that of all the things an OB/GYN is concerned about, a very active baby isn't one of them. He just shakes his head and says, "That doesn't look right." :tongue_smilie:

My girls, both Asian, were about 12 lbs at year. My younger one tips the scale at 30 lbs....at 4 yr old:leaving:

LOL~ don't I wish! Schmooey just logged in a 28 lbs 14 oz at a year - and bless him, he's growing again. My MIL thought I was nuts for asking for 2T/3T clothes for him for fall, but you know, we're not going to need long sleeves here until November and at the rate he's going I think my estimates were conservative.

I would have *loved* a tiny baby. I see them. I know they are real. My sister even has one. Just not mine - they have all been "value sized" here.

LOL~ don't I wish! Schmooey just logged in a 28 lbs 14 oz at a year - and bless him, he's growing again. My MIL thought I was nuts for asking for 2T/3T clothes for him for fall, but you know, we're not going to need long sleeves here until November and at the rate he's going I think my estimates were conservative.

I would have *loved* a tiny baby. I see them. I know they are real. My sister even has one. Just not mine - they have all been "value sized" here.

My big boy was smaller than his sister at birth... but 19 lbs at 3 months, 24.5 lbs at 5 months and the same as yours at a year. He is now wearing 3T shirts and 24 month bottoms at 17 months... and weighs in at 32 lbs. 34" tall.

I'm going to start sounding like a broken record about this, but do you see a chiropractor, Reya? It's possible that she's trying to find a comfortable position and if you're ligaments are too tight because of pelvic bones out of alignment, she could be having trouble getting into a nice head-down position. My 2nd dd was oblique most of my pregnancy and never did descend very nicely. My 3rd dd was breech and doing full flips up until 39 weeks, finally got herself head down, but with some cord mess ups.

THIS time, I'm working with a midwife. And the midwife swears that regular chiropractor visits, particularly the Webster technique (even if baby isn't breech), help the baby find that perfect position SO much better. Which should shorten the first stage of labor (she's been amazed at how quickly even her first-time moms have labored because of regular chiro visits) and help that baby lock into place nicely.

I've only had a couple of visits with my chiro so far. But I can tell that the ligaments are less tight on one side or the other after a visit.

Just a thought, if she's really liking a sideways lying position....

Jami

I'm going to start sounding like a broken record about this, but do you see a chiropractor, Reya? It's possible that she's trying to find a comfortable position and if you're ligaments are too tight because of pelvic bones out of alignment, she could be having trouble getting into a nice head-down position. My 2nd dd was oblique most of my pregnancy and never did descend very nicely. My 3rd dd was breech and doing full flips up until 39 weeks, finally got herself head down, but with some cord mess ups.

THIS time, I'm working with a midwife. And the midwife swears that regular chiropractor visits, particularly the Webster technique (even if baby isn't breech), help the baby find that perfect position SO much better. Which should shorten the first stage of labor (she's been amazed at how quickly even her first-time moms have labored because of regular chiro visits) and help that baby lock into place nicely.

I've only had a couple of visits with my chiro so far. But I can tell that the ligaments are less tight on one side or the other after a visit.

Just a thought, if she's really liking a sideways lying position....

Jami

She only liked the sideways position when she was littler! Now she's all over. :-) Actually, she was hed-down for a week a few weeks ago, and as of about three or four days so, she's head down again. That doesn't do anything about her spinning and arm and leg-waving, though. And I swear (or at least my cervix does!) that she has the sharpest, pointiest head in the world at this point. Most higher-order births don't engage until a few hours before labor--and after today's Braxton-Hicks-with-backache, I was worried that that's just what it was. False alarm, thank goodness!

I have a metabolic condition that, among other things, means that my ligaments ARE tight. My abdominal wall actually separated with my first--yes, it's quite as gruesome as you think! No chiropractic manipulation can fix is, and many, many years of dance and flexibility training has only made a dent in it, I fear. But my muscles are at least very strong!