Menu

If you have a Wii U with the Splatoon game, do your kids like it?

6packofun

Dd20 wants to buy the Wii U Splatoon pack but dh has been telling her not to bother because he didn't think any good games would come out for it.  Are there? Dd has heard that a Tekken game with Pokemon is coming out (maybe? lol) and she REALLY wants it now.  LOL

Sooo, opinions on the Wii U in general and Splatoon, please!  I have a somewhat easily frustrated 9yo so I'm curious about this specific game for him because he saw the commercials and really wanted it at the time.

Yes, they love it as do most of the adults who come through. It's good fun for us. 

Word of advice from our experience, you need either very good Wi-fi that isn't busy with other things or have it wired in. While the single player is fun and there is a dojo local mode, most of the stuff requires a connection. 

• Like 2

My kids got it for their birthday. I have mixed feelings about the WiiU... I think it's going to end up being a limited platform overall. And I'm not impressed with some of the functionality. One of the brilliant things about the Wii was innovative gameplay and group games. There are more isolating WiiU games than together games.

But that said, Splatoon is cool. And there are interesting things coming out for the WiiU. The kids really love it.