Menu

Missouri WTM get-together!!

Chelle in MO and I would like to invite all WTM message board participants to meet us for a Missouri WTM get-together!! We are very excited to meet each other and would LOVE to meet more WTMers! :biggrinjester:

We are going to meet at Civic Park in O'Fallon, MO on Saturday, Sept 27 at 11:00am.

It would be a good idea to bring a picnic lunch or purchase some subs on your way to the park so we don't have to stop our fun for hungry tummies!!

Post here if you think you might be able to make it or if you have any questions.

We look forward to seeing you there! :party:

Blessings,

Angela

Ooh, ooh, I want to come! I'm from St. Louis, and we're not too far away.

My SIL & brother live in O'Fallon, so we're there visiting often.

Whee! Happy days. Road trip! :auto:

Awesome!! I hope you can make it!! :hurray:

I'm actually driving in from Kansas City to visit my family too! :driving:

Blessings,

Angela

I live south of St. Louis/St. Peters/O'Fallon area, but I actually may be able to squeeze this one in. Can an ex-homeschooler still come (our three are in private school this year)?

It would really be great to meet some WTM friends; I have another good friend in St. Peters---I may arrange to see her, too.

Thanks for letting us know! Keep me in on the loop---send me a PM if you need to.

I live south of St. Louis/St. Peters/O'Fallon area, but I actually may be able to squeeze this one in. Can an ex-homeschooler still come (our three are in private school this year)?

It would really be great to meet some WTM friends; I have another good friend in St. Peters---I may arrange to see her, too.

Thanks for letting us know! Keep me in on the loop---send me a PM if you need to.

Absolutely, Michelle! You'd better be there! Bring your friend, too!

Chelle

Oh shucks! I'll miss your get together by a week. I'll be in the St. Charles area the weekend after that for my SIL's wedding. And probably wouldn't have had time to play anyway, but still, it would have been fun to try too meet some of you. Or Jenn this coming weekend.

Jami (former St. Louis-dweller who has hopes of returning some day)

Oh shucks! I'll miss your get together by a week. I'll be in the St. Charles area the weekend after that for my SIL's wedding. And probably wouldn't have had time to play anyway, but still, it would have been fun to try too meet some of you. Or Jenn this coming weekend.

Jami (former St. Louis-dweller who has hopes of returning some day)

Shout at us the next time you're here! I'll wave like crazy if I see a wedding party go by when I'm out that weekend!

You know...I need to ask the bride (remember the "my son was asked to be a ring bearer" thread?) if she knows what she'll want my son to wear in the wedding. I was thinking that I might be able to buy your tux and have it altered a bit if it's too big next summer. It probably wouldn't be *much* too big. Unless you have a buyer already.

Chelle

I'd love to come - I'm very close... in St. Louis. I don't think I can do that weekend though - we bought a house and are closing this week.

(Let's just pause for a party...:party::party::party:)

However, we want to move by mid-October and this place needs a lot of work. More wallpaper than you can shake a stick at! And all from circa 1969. Wow. Just. Wow. It looks like my weekends are booked for a while.

Let me know if you plan another one, though, and I'll do my best.

However, we want to move by mid-October and this place needs a lot of work. More wallpaper than you can shake a stick at! And all from circa 1969. Wow. Just. Wow. It looks like my weekends are booked for a while.

Hey, we bought your house's twin! With the bonus that often the wallpaper has been painted over. Sometimes we have wallpaper covered by paint covered by more wallpaper covered by more paint.

As I said in the other thread, we regret not being able to attend. We have a dance performance and/or competition Every. Single. Weekend. this month. Plus dds' birthday are this month, and this year they both land on weekends.

Maybe Keri and I will have our own little private party later, during which we will burn wallpaper books.

I'd love to come - I'm very close... in St. Louis. I don't think I can do that weekend though - we bought a house and are closing this week.

(Let's just pause for a party...:party::party::party:)

Let me know if you plan another one, though, and I'll do my best.

You'll get tired of that wallpaper and just HAVE to take a little break, Keri!

Congrats on the house!

Chelle

Absolutely!! The more the merrier! We'd love to meet you!

Angela

Hey, we bought your house's twin! With the bonus that often the wallpaper has been painted over. Sometimes we have wallpaper covered by paint covered by more wallpaper covered by more paint.

That's my one consolation in this deal - none of it is painted over and it's just one layer. As a matter of fact I think most of it is original to the house. I'm hoping that means it will peel off easily. I've done the painted over wallpaper thing, and it stinks!

Maybe Keri and I will have our own little private party later, during which we will burn wallpaper books.

LOL - sounds good to me! :D

We postponed our trip last weekend because we discovered that I had misread the tickets. They expire on the 28th, not the 25th. I thought it was odd that they would end mid-week since Six Flags is only open on weekends now. Anyway, our plans now are to go up on Sunday, the 28th.

Dh has to work on Saturday, but I just called him and begged him to consider taking off work so we could do the Six Flags thing after a picnic in the park with my imaginary friends. Money is tight and skipping work is not an easy decision for him to make, but WOW! I hope he says we can come! I could use some prayers here!

I am absolutely giddy just thinking about getting to meet y'all in person!!!!!!!

We postponed our trip last weekend because we discovered that I had misread the tickets. They expire on the 28th, not the 25th. I thought it was odd that they would end mid-week since Six Flags is only open on weekends now. Anyway, our plans now are to go up on Sunday, the 28th.

Dh has to work on Saturday, but I just called him and begged him to consider taking off work so we could do the Six Flags thing after a picnic in the park with my imaginary friends. Money is tight and skipping work is not an easy decision for him to make, but WOW! I hope he says we can come! I could use some prayers here!

I am absolutely giddy just thinking about getting to meet y'all in person!!!!!!!

That would be so cool!

Angela

(I used your signature quote at dinner when we had to saw through the pot roast. :D)

Awww, shucks. And the little box popped up telling me I have to spread the love before giving you more rep.

Ya know, I strive to be profound with my contributions to this board for the sole purpose of being quoted....maybe I'll be famous someday. :D If I do ever accidentally same something truly profound, it will spread as "some girl on the board shared something today...." and go down in the history books as being written by "anonymous". Well, a possum quote is down right special in my book and I'd rep you if I could. ;)

Yeah!! I got to meet Sharon & Michelle! They are so awesome and their children are so sweet! I'm sorry I didn't get to stay longer, my brother and niece were ready to go and we rode together so I had to dart. It sure was nice to see you guys "in person" though...now I know you're not "imaginary" after all. :lol:

Blessings,

Angela

Yeah!! I got to meet Sharon & Michelle! They are so awesome and their children are so sweet! I'm sorry I didn't get to stay longer, my brother and niece were ready to go and we rode together so I had to dart. It sure was nice to see you guys "in person" though...now I know you're not "imaginary" after all. :lol:

Blessings,

Angela

Hey! I just started a thread on this subject! It was great to meet you guys! I DO wish you could've stayed longer, but now you know we're here when you come to town!

By the way, I just showed one of my boys your photo and asked if he recognized you--he did!

Chelle

Edited by Chelle in MO
Something to add

What nice people use TWTM. Of course, I always suspected as much, but now I can confirm it. I am so pleased to have met Angela and Chelle. They are both intelligent, charming women!

And their children are a-DOR-able.

note to self: next time you see Sharon, remember what you did yesterday that made you seem intelligent and charming.