Menu

It is Sunday again

I am not ready for school, yet I am here. I would ask Remundamom to come and kick me, but you see I am here for a good reason.

I only need two more posts to make 2000.

It seems anticlimactic since the "Rush to 2000" earlier this summer. I got busy and fell way behind, and many of you have twice that many now. Finally, I am SO close.

But I don't want to waste my 2000th post, so I need to give it a little thought.

Maybe I should fill in my lesson planner while I come up with something brilliant enough.

And I was so proud of myself for finally reaching 200 posts since January!:lol:

I know what you mean about Sundays. Sometimes I have that "Oh, no here we go again," feeling I had when I worked outside the home. I mostly feel that way about driving kids to activities, not sitting down with them to homeschool.

Maybe I should fill in my lesson planner while I come up with something brilliant enough.

Are you a masochist or what?! How could you possibly sit calmly filling in your lesson planner with the SCREAMNG 2000 right outside your door? That's like pretending to meditate on the ultimate value of humanity while your toddler paints the walls with the contents of his diaper.

Just post. Once. Twice. We'll cheer. And, then you can get back to being brilliant.

:001_smile:

Are you a masochist or what?! How could you possibly sit calmly filling in your lesson planner with the SCREAMNG 2000 right outside your door? That's like pretending to meditate on the ultimate value of humanity while your toddler paints the walls with the contents of his diaper.

Just post. Once. Twice. We'll cheer. And, then you can get back to being brilliant.

:001_smile:

Okay I have one to waste. I am halfway through planning for history. It is interesting and different planning the lessons from the KHE without having the SOTW completely holding my hand. I truly enjoyed having the Activity guide these past four years, it taught me how to plan a history lesson, but I am enjoying the freedom now of planning the lessons on my own (and thanks to SOTW I am now comfortable doing so :-)) I also have two youngers who are eager to learn and I am trying to at least find reading material for history and science. I have a partial library list already, and I will use SOTW activities for them when they are appropriate.

Once I finish history, I have to plan for two grades of science and make sure I have supplies for all experiments.

Once science is finished the other subjects will only take a few minutes.

And there you have it: Post number 1999!

I am saving 2000 until I am completely finished my planning. ;)

Update: Well I have finished planning for two children. But I am tired and drained and I can feel my sinuses swelling. My dh and ds were sick today, the baby was sick Friday, and I worry it may be my turn. I don't have time to be sick. So I think I am going to go enjoy the supper DH has prepared for me (he also cleaned my school room. I think I should marry him...) and get some rest and fluids. Maybe I will write post number 2000 tomorrow. :D

BTW if Elaine feels like repping me, I'm open. ;)