Menu

30 Day Meal Plan Challenge--Day 8-14

cjzimmer1

I had some time before church tonight and got my menu ready.  I didn't see a new thread so I started one since I don't know if I will get back on tonight or not.

Today, the BLT's from yesterday got bumped into today

Monday Will make a chicken and rice casserole or stir fry with the extra chicken from last week, roast some green beans

Tuesday Stuffed Potatoes using leftover ham and bacon plus other veggies we have on hand

Wednesday Unstuffed pepper soup using leftover rice from Monday and tomatoes I cooked up today

Thursday Pork roast with mexican seasonings, roasted beans (or cauliflower) and roasted sweet potatoes

Friday Pork tacos using leftover pork roast meat.

Saturday use up extra leftovers or make a pot of chili

Dh is out of town a few nights so I make "kid food". So it will be pizza, grilled cheese and soup, chicken tenders. With mac n cheese, eat out one night arbys usually, potato cheese soup with French bread on Thurs pm when dh gets back, fish couscous and asparagus

Tonight:  leftover chicken cordon bleu casserole from last week plus half a bag of Ikea Swedish meatballs

Monday:  Lazy lasagna (which is basically Celentano frozen cheese ravioli layered with sauce and mozzarella cheese)

Tuesday:  Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce (from Dinner A Love Story)

Wednesday:  Shrimp tacos

Thursday:  chilled avocado and cucumber soup
Friday and Saturday:  we are on a cruise so no cooking

I have a feeling Thursday night will be dumped in favor of pizza or take out of some type.

Made white chicken chili for me and dh to have for lunch for the next few days. 

S- butterbeans, rice, cornbread (Starch heaven but we love this meal!)

M- spaghetti (sauce/meatballs already in freezer) and I'll make focaccia

T- baked chicken, roasted veggies,  new potatoes

W- tacos

T-Veggie night - green beans, broccoli and carrots, baked sweet potatoes

F- chicken parmesan 

S-breakfast for dinner. 

Last week's report: stuck to the meal plan except one day we went to the movies and had snacks there, so when we got home at 6:30 nobody was hungry for dinner so I didn't cook. 

Wednesday Unstuffed pepper soup using leftover rice from Monday and tomatoes I cooked up today

Can you tell me how you make this? I looked on Pinterest for a recipe but found nothing. It sounds like something we'd love! I make soups- hearty ones- and dh and I have soup for lunch most days when it's cold.  He comes home for lunch and we like a hot lunch but I'm usually just arriving home from tutoring so soup is perfect. 

Last week ended up all wonky due to some house guests and random extra food being made, but it all worked out in the end and generally stuck to plan.

This week I am working every day (I usually only work three days), so I have planned with that in mind, taking advantage of things I have in freezer.

M - Pizza (takeout from a local place that has a Monday soecial), salad, sautéed apples

T - matzo ball soup, two potato latkes, applesauce

W - Thai turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes, veg, Apple crisp (all already made and in freezer)

Th - roast vegetable baked ziti (made double for dinner tonight so it's all made)

F - creole white beans and chicken, rice

S - taco stuffed shells, salad

Sun - shrimp scampi, bread, veg

Can you tell me how you make this? I looked on Pinterest for a recipe but found nothing. It sounds like something we'd love! I make soups- hearty ones- and dh and I have soup for lunch most days when it's cold.  He comes home for lunch and we like a hot lunch but I'm usually just arriving home from tutoring so soup is perfect. 

I use my stuffed pepper recipe except that instead of stuffing the rice/meat mixture in the peppers, I cut up the peppers in 1 inch pieces and cook it with the meat/onions till soft. add cooked rice, and then dump enough tomato sauce over the whole thing to make a thick soup/stew/casserole consistency. Cook long enough for the rice to absorb some of the tomatoes and the mixture isn't too soupy.  Basically I do it when I'm too lazy to hollow out whole peppers or I have a lot of peppers to use up with spots or I want something faster than waiting for a pan of peppers to cook (due to the number of kids and that I always cook enough for leftovers, my pan is huge and takes a couple of hours to bake).

• Like 1

Yesterday--dinner out with all of dh's family

Today--chicken seville, peas

Tues--black bean burgers (scratch--ATK recipe), zucchini ribbons, tortillas

Wed--jambalaya, sauteed bok choy (it looked good at the farmers' mkt yesterday)

Thurs--crab cakes (scratch) or something salmon, baked sweet potatoes

Fri--dinner party here with university Confucius Institute teachers and staff and administration (serving pumpkin-mushroom soup, a spinach-based salad, baguettes, either roasted chicken or pork tenderloin (depends if our Muslim friends will be able to attend), and apple pie)

Sat--something chicken, broccoli