Menu

Recommend an adjustable height kids chair and or desk.

I have plain Ikea tables with adjustable legs for their desks and adjustable height chairs from amazon-- http://www.amazon.com/Flash-Furniture-LF-214A-BLACK-GG-Vibrant-Tractor/dp/B000TMK19Y/ref=pd_sim_196_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VGJ0YP7A64RS1B7PN4C&dpID=41KZb8YTZEL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_

The classroom space we have is not carpeted so this works well and allows for lots of wiggles.

I really like those stools! I was looking at something similar for our kichen bar the other day. :-) Do you think a 6 year old could touch the floor while seated?

They're tall for littles but DS likes 'em anyway and we were looking for some things that would grow with them. He has an old toddler step stool under his desk that he puts his feet on.

I also have some taller, stackable chairs in the room that DD and I prefer (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00545CBA8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00). They are lower to the ground (which DH hates) at 17.5" high. DD can touch the floor easily in these but my son's feet are about 4" off the ground.

In general, I'd think the avg. 6yo would need a 14.5"-15.5" chair to be really comfy.

I went with an antique.  Those old wood and iron desks with the bench in front of them to use for the desk in front of that were really well made and comfortable.  And they have adjustable heights!  Also, the top is nicely slanted, there is a divot for a pencil so that it doesn't roll off, and there is storage that is accessible in front.  Plus there is an ink well hole which is a nice conversation point.  If you run across one of these, I recommend snapping it up!

• Like 2

I purchased adjustable desks from Walmart. They are cheap in price but well made. I've had mine for four years now. They fold flat. Mine were gray, but I painted the top with chalk board paint and spray painted the legs off-white. My kids just sit in regular chairs and adjust the height of their desks. I like them because they are easy to move from room to room and easy to store out of the way.

• Like 2

I bought desks and shelves from the Elfa line at Container Store. We use one setup for our school space and another setup as art space in DD's bedroom. I can set the desktop to any height I want. We seem to move every couple of years and the modular systems work really well for us.

• Like 1

I purchased adjustable desks from Walmart. They are cheap in price but well made. I've had mine for four years now. They fold flat. Mine were gray, but I painted the top with chalk board paint and spray painted the legs off-white. My kids just sit in regular chairs and adjust the height of their desks. I like them because they are easy to move from room to room and easy to store out of the way.

I like the thought of easy to store. Do you have a link or pic?