Menu

What would you buy if you had extra money you had to spend on curriculum/extras?

ExcitedMama

I'm trying to figure out how to spend the rest of my charter funds. I just asked in another thread about art but I'm still not sure what else to get. The only catch is it must be secular, I have to buy my own materials when I choose otherwise, and if it's not consumable it goes back when I'm done with it.

I think we are all set for actual curriculum:

Language Arts: AAR2, AAS1, ETC2, HWT1, ELTL

Math: Mathematical Reasoning B, MIF1, Miquon Orange

Science: Elemental Science, Intro to Science plus the supplies

Extras: MP K Enrichment and Crafts, Bede's History of Me, lots of CTC logic, Daily Geography, Evan Moore Pockets

Maybe adding in Spanish? Or should I wait until he is further along with reading? If not, something like Song School?

In the other thread I asked for advice about which art to get. I'm thinking about something from LEGO Education but not sure what yet. I asked my ES about ordering kits from The Young Scientist Club because she wasn't sure how that worked. Any other ideas? What would you buy? Thanks!

From Lego Education, look at either the Early Basic Structures or Early Simple Machines kits. The Simple Machines one needs for you to get the activity pack as well.

You could also consider the RightStart games kit.

I don't see art or music in your list above. Maybe something for those?

• Like 1

Printer ink and a crate of paper!

Scan your math books and make sure you have all the manipulatives you need.

Our charter lets us get subscriptions to Kiwi Crate, Tinker Crate, Little Passports, and other educational programs that send a fun and educational monthly. Then you get something fun and new every month!

I've learned from my fellow charter homeschoolers to spend charter money on things like consumable workbooks, school supplies, spelling and math programs, and lessons (PE/music). Then spend your own money on literature, quality reference books (like the Usborne Encyclopedias), atlases, etc... Things you want on your shelf through your whole homeschool journey.

Happy shopping!

• Like 1

Is spanish homeschool academy a vendor? I am thinking of using them. We started spanish and I'm finding it difficult to teach with my limited spanish. Dh is fluent but doesn't have time to teach them. Maybe some great courses. Stuff for next year?

Eta: just noticed it looks like 1st or k? I would buy art stuff or just use the money on classes like my gym or karate

• Like 1