Menu

Where to buy tapioca starch

Arch at Home

Thanks for all of the responses. I use the tapioca starch to mix gluten-free flour mix. We use about 150 lb/year of flour mix. I used to use tapioca starch from our Asian market but it was cross contaminate...not good. Honeyville does have tapioca starch but in 55 lb bags though the $4.95 flat rate shipping is good. That is more than I can use in a reasonable amount of time but maybe I can find someone to split it will.

I think that I can still get potato starch in 10 lb bags. Does anyone use potato starch in lieu of tapioca starch in flour mix?...I think that I went to tapioca because potato was more expensive but that was years ago.

Sarah

I think that I can still get potato starch in 10 lb bags. Does anyone use potato starch in lieu of tapioca starch in flour mix?...I think that I went to tapioca because potato was more expensive but that was years ago.

I use half and half tapioca and potato along with rice flour in my blend.  My friend, however, just uses potato starch because she is allergic to tapioca (as well as wheat) and her stuff turns out great.

I can buy from Azure Standard but their shipping is almost as much as the product. After much price shopping, I determined that the local corner grocer is the least expensive who allows me to tack onto their UNFI order with a 15% up charge followed by Amazon with free shipping.

Thanks for your help.

Sarah