Menu

Midwest Higher Education Compact. Could be a good deal for some of you.

FaithManor

If you are looking at state schools in Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, and Kansas, you may want to look outside your geographical/in-state area. The Midwest Higher Education Compact is an agreement to provide out of state students in states that belong to the exchange, tuition at 1.5 or less times the in-state tuition with numerous institutions such as U of Wisconsin coming in at only 1.1 or so depending on the location you choose.

Though our ds would really, really like to attend Michigan Tech U, it is entirely possible that his best financial picture will come from U of WI and U of MN. Sad for my state, but with room and board the two state flagships plus tech U are pushing $30,000.00 with no end to significant tuition hikes in sight so long as Lansing is dealing with the Detroit debacle. Our state flagships are getting almost no state funding anymore making them private schools in all actuality.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there since so many of us are pinching college pennies!

• Like 4