Menu

Liberty Kids DVD complete series

5forMe

My 3, 4, and 7 year old have watched it all the way through several times. We do basic Disney cartoon movies and preschool shows, so it isn't like they are really brave when it comes to shows. I would say it is probably ideal for 6-12ish. Granted, we watch it in the car so it is a tiny screen and probably not as scary as a normal screen. I highly recommend it.

Have you studied American History and the Revolutionary War at all? Perhaps being out of context makes it scary? DD is eight and is generally sensitive (while she loves Scooby-Doo, a lot of the shows keep her up at night), but it never bothered her. We've read a lot of books regarding the colonies and war, though. We started with Ancients, so our Revolutionary War wasn't anything out of the ordinary in terms of scariness.

What are they finding scary?

What age are your kids who watch this? Because I checked it out from the library, and it seems totally scarry for my 5 & sensitive 8 year old.

Thanks.

• Like 1

As some have mentioned it drops to$5 regularly.

I get several catalogs for books/videos at my work. They had this serious listed for $299.99 after I recovered from sticker shock I put the catalog on the trash.

Listing a $5 product for $300! :w00t:

Hopefully NO ONE would shell out that much money for a kids show. Someone should get a strong reprimand at their job. That's piss-poor editing right there :willy_nilly:

Boston Tea Party until the Bill of Rights. So mostly the American Revolution. I consider myself fairly well-versed in that time period and I even learned some stuff. The other day I was talking to dh and said something like, "that's just common sense," and my 4 year old piped up, "Common Sense! Thomas Paine wrote that!" So it is working here. :)

This looks interesting . . . but what time period does Liberty Kids cover?  Is it just colonial/Revolutionary War history?

• Like 1

What age are your kids who watch this? Because I checked it out from the library, and it seems totally scarry for my 5 & sensitive 8 year old.

Thanks.

My kids watched it all at 4 and 8 years old. My 4yo is my more sensitive one and he didn't have any problems with it.

• Like 1