Menu

FactCheck.org - Debunking Palin smears

I think that both the right- and left-leaning participants in this forum can agree that FactCheck.org is one of the few sites you can turn to for a non-partisan parsing of the facts.

There have been many threads about Sarah Palin, and many a smear repeated here. FactCheck.org is beginning to debunk the issues, one at a time.

Read about it here: Sliming Palin

Is sending people to Factcheck that bad?

Or have I missed something in the last couple of days? I have been avoiding the boards, so I may have missed a locked thread or two or three or a dozen.:lol:

I think all of the threads on Palin got locked and several deleted but I may have missed some.

But no, factcheck is not bad, I've posted it myself, many times. And I said the same thing about the bad information people were spreading that factcheck did. But at some point it's time to move on with other issues, especially when this issue keeps resulting in locked threads.

Why would a thread with a link to a non-partisan site -- one that parses the McCain campaign ads & speeches as much as (if not more than) Barrack's ads and speeches -- get locked? FactCheck.org is most DEFINITELY not Republican, conservative, or right-leaning. If anything, I think they go easy on Barrack, and are much harder on McCain. This is, plain and simple, a non-partisan look at the alleged "facts" presented in an email that has been widely circulated and whose claims have made it's way into the main stream media.

The "myth busters" at FactCheck.org will bring more tomorrow -- and it may very well turn out that some of the negative claims about Palin in that email have some basis truth. The ones that were "fact checked" today were debunked, but others may prove correct.

Repeat, it's NON-PARTISAN.

Why would a thread with a link to a non-partisan site -- one that parses the McCain campaign ads & speeches as much as (if not more than) Barrack's ads and speeches -- get locked? FactCheck.org is most DEFINITELY not Republican, conservative, or right-leaning. If anything, I think they go easy on Barrack, and are much harder on McCain. This is, plain and simple, a non-partisan look at the alleged "facts" presented in an email that has been widely circulated and whose claims have made it's way into the main stream media.

The "myth busters" at FactCheck.org will bring more tomorrow -- and it may very well turn out that some of the negative claims about Palin in that email have some basis truth. The ones that were "fact checked" today were debunked, but others may prove correct.

Repeat, it's NON-PARTISAN.

I realize you probably had not read my other post yet when you wrote this. I know what kind of site it is. I've linked to it, many times. *I* (an Obama-loving devil) shared the information listed in the factcheck article on some of the threads about Palin (particularly the censorship one). My only point was I don't see any need to discuss it *again* when most of this has already been debunked here, a couple of times. Now, you can't go back and look because ALL of the threadson it so far have gone from informational to complete debacle and have been *deleted*. At some point I think enough is enough.

I realize you probably had not read my other post yet when you wrote this. I know what kind of site it is. I've linked to it, many times. *I* (an Obama-loving devil) shared the information listed in the factcheck article on some of the threads about Palin (particularly the censorship one). My only point was I don't see any need to discuss it *again* when most of this has already been debunked here, a couple of times. Now, you can't go back and look because ALL of the threadson it so far have gone from informational to complete debacle and have been *deleted*. At some point I think enough is enough.

But the one (other) good thing about the link is people can look down one or two items down on FactCheck and read all about the things Mrs Palin and Mr McCain said in their speeches about Mr Obama that just were not, that just didn't, uh, "fact check". :D

:auto:

But the one (other) good thing about the link is people can look down one or two items down on FactCheck and read all about the things Mrs Palin and Mr McCain said in their speeches about Mr Obama that just were not, that just didn't, uh, "fact check". :D

:auto:

True...in theory. I wouldn't have necessarily figured you for an optimist.

No, you're right, Mrs. Mungo, I had not seen your post before I made my reply (I was probably typing it up simultaneously).

Sorry I did not see your rebuttals to Palin smears in other posts. Maybe this thread will remain civil and not locked. I posted this because most sites that promote the Palin smears are left-leaning, and most sites that attempt to debunk the smears are right-leaning -- in other words, conservatives wouldn't trust the liberal sites and liberals wouldn't trust the conservative sites. So, unless you're a journalist getting your own RT ticket to Wasilla to check for yourself, where do you find truth?

FactCheck.org is one of the best non-partisan sources available for the "average Joe" (or Jane), and this posting of theirs on Palin is brand new. So, I posted it in hopes of settling some of these issues. My hope is that even a die-hard Barrack fan will at least consider the veracity of FactCheck's reporting, and understand that if they don't like Palin, it shouldn't be for these reasons, as these "facts" have been found lacking in substance -- in fact, some are out-and-out lies without any shred of truth to them at all.

I will say the same about die-hard McCain/Palin fans -- if you don't like Barrack's position on a certain issue, FactCheck it to be sure you really have the truth about where he stands.