Menu

It's a long shot but...Crossville TN??

lollie010

We were planning a quick summer trip to Gatlinburg and a sweet friend said we could use her resort timeshare. However, it is in Crossville, Tennesse. Honestly, I've never heard of it. But, we are up for an adventure or even some R&R if there is nothing to do. I think I have a feel for what we can do around the resort (looks like fishing or golf) but I am wondering what might be close by for a day trip. It looks like about 2 hours to Gatlinburg so we might try that, but if there is anything else within driving distance I would love to know. We will be keeping four kiddos entertained.  :001_rolleyes: TIA!!

• Like 1

Off the top of my head, you could head over to Nashville...I've always wanted to go to the planetarium there. I think there's also a science museum.  The zoo as well.  Knoxville is not too far off and we have a nice zoo and a small science centre right next to it.  The museum of art is nice and it's free, and there's a really great playground right across the street.  I also really like the history museum as well. Lots of shopping options in Knoxville and Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area if you're into that.

• Like 1

We live in Knoxville so here are some suggestions

Cumberland County Playhouse - it's right near Crossville and probably has kid-friendly matinees

Lost Sea - It is an hour away and you go into caves and on the underground lake

Mayfield Dairy - also about an hour away in the same vicinity as Lost Sea - they have tours

There is also a cheese farm with tours at Sweetwater

In Knoxville:

AMSE - fun hands on science museum (in Oak Ridge actually)

Escape Games - 4 different ones (see my post in this forum about them - not sure how old your kids are so that might not work)

Fort Kid - outdoor playground in downtown .. you could also walk around downtown, go up the Sunsphere etc

Ijams - outdoor center with trails and also kayaking

• Like 4

We live in Knoxville so here are some suggestions

Cumberland County Playhouse - it's right near Crossville and probably has kid-friendly matinees

Lost Sea - It is an hour away and you go into caves and on the underground lake

Mayfield Dairy - also about an hour away in the same vicinity as Lost Sea - they have tours

There is also a cheese farm with tours at Sweetwater

In Knoxville:

AMSE - fun hands on science museum (in Oak Ridge actually)

Escape Games - 4 different ones (see my post in this forum about them - not sure how old your kids are so that might not work)

Fort Kid - outdoor playground in downtown .. you could also walk around downtown, go up the Sunsphere etc

Ijams - outdoor center with trails and also kayaking

Oh yes!! Cumberland County Playhouse is AWESOME!  And I can't believe I forgot about Mayfield and Sweetwater Dairy.

• Like 3

Gatlinburg isn't that far away either.  We stayed for a summer in Crossville in our RV and we made frequent day trips to Gatlinburg.  It's about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away.  Less if you just go to the park on that side, near Cades Cove.  Fall Creek Falls is wonderful and there are several places to the north that we never made it to.  I think there may be an Amish or some type of community to visit.  Have fun!!

We just returned from that area (did went to Flip Fest gymnastics camp in crossville). My husband and I camped at fall creek falls and day tripped from there. Our favorites that we went back to with the kids after we picked them up from their camps are: fall creek falls, burgess falls, stone door and savage falls, and rock island. All are within an hour of crossville. There is a huge used book store in crossville that dd and I went to and if you make it to cookeville, just west of crossville, there is a restaurant called Bellacino's that was absolutely great. It's a pizza and grinder place. We met the owner the first time we went there and everything was so delicious and they were all so nice which seems to be rare at most restaurants we've been trying lately :).