Menu

x-post: where did you buy diploma, cap & gown, and so on?

x-post: Where did you buy diploma, cap & gown, and so on for your graduate? 

I'm not having trouble locating places, but was hoping for some recent reviews. 

cross posting to college in case all of the parents of recent graduates have fled the h/s board

thanks! 

We got the diploma from www.homeschooldiploma.com.  We went with just a basic one, but it is very nice.  They also carry gowns, although there are other places that you can buy them including used ones on eBay.

Our local group loaned the cap and gown for their ceremony.  The fee we paid them included the facility, cleaning the gown afterwards, musician, programs, photographer, and some refreshments.  That's my kind of ceremony!

• Like 2

We got the diploma from www.homeschooldiploma.com.  They also carry gowns, although there are other places that you can buy them including used ones on eBay.

Our local group loaned the cap and gown for their ceremony and rolled a small cleaning fee into what we paid for.

We also used homeschooldiploma for the actual diploma. I was very pleased with the diploma quality and service from the company. 

• Like 2

We also used homeschooldiploma for the actual diploma. I was very pleased with the diploma quality and service from the company. 

We did the same.  It is absolutely beautiful.   

They have several different wordings for actual diploma.  You can go with a very Christian theme, or a more secular, academic theme.  I love that it has our homeschool name in a beautiful font.  I picked the more academic wording that states that ds had completed the necessary requirements of our state and is signed by both my husband and me.

The cover also has several different seals and colors you can choose from.  You are able to make the diploma as fancy as you want (for an added fee, of course).

The final personal touch was the ability to have a favorite quote, scripture, school motto, etc.  Our school motto is "Never give up, never surrender!" from the movie Galaxy Quest.  I put it in Latin on his diploma. Ds absolutely LOVED this!

The final personal touch was the ability to have a favorite quote, scripture, school motto, etc.  Our school motto is "Never give up, never surrender!" from the movie Galaxy Quest.  I put it in Latin on his diploma. Ds absolutely LOVED this!

that is so awesome!

• Like 1

I made the diploma myself.

Fancy paper with embossed border from Staples, print at home, looks very impressive and exactly the way I want it.

ETA: Wanted to attach our template, but the board won't let me and tells me i can't attach this kind of file.

Me too.

I ordered nice paper and embossed sticker things and a padded case and it looks great! It was a little cheaper than buying one, but next time all I have to buy is the case, so it will be much cheaper! I also got to pick my own wording. I looked at HSLDA, Homeschooldiploma.com, and some ps diplomas and came up with something that we were happy with. None of the pre-made diplomas were quite what we wanted, so that was an added incentive to make my own.

• Like 2

Another www.homeschooldiploma.com user here.  We were very happy with dc's diploma.  They have quite a few options - diploma size, wording, seals, etc.  Look carefully at the font used for the name of the school and the name of the student to be sure you like the way all the letters look.  As others have stated, it's not that hard to make your own. 

• Like 1

We bought a graduation cap through Amazon. We were in a hurry, and they offered next-day shipping. The cap (with a 2015 tassel) was delivered quickly and was just fine for what we needed. A link to the one we ordered: http://www.amazon.com/Newrara-Graduation-Unisex-Matte-Tassel/dp/B00X9PQ3W2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1434739162&sr=8-4&keywords=graduation+cap

We used a gown we already had and so did not need to order one. The diploma came from the umbrella school with which we were registered and looks great.

• Like 1

probably not helpful to the OP, but...

we made our own diploma, with certificate paper from Staples (and have since printed some for friends who loved it)

DIamond did not want/need a tradtional cap/gown.  She bought her dress at Hot Topic, and her "cap" at Target.

http://www.target.com/p/graduation-party-mini-hat-headband/-/A-16677011

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Hell+Bunny+Eden+Dress-728619.jsp

probably not helpful to the OP, but...

we made our own diploma, with certificate paper from Staples (and have since printed some for friends who loved it)

DIamond did not want/need a tradtional cap/gown.  She bought her dress at Hot Topic, and her "cap" at Target.

http://www.target.com/p/graduation-party-mini-hat-headband/-/A-16677011

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Hell+Bunny+Eden+Dress-728619.jsp

The cap is adorable! dd will def want traditional stuff (for the 5 minutes she will need it), but I might have to get one of those as well.