Menu

Any knitters want to start a shawl KAL with me?

Halcyon

How's it going for everyone? I thought I would make more headway today, but I seem to have trouble counting  :huh:  I had to tink back twice and recount my stitches, and then my knitpicks options 32' cable broke :( so all my stitches fell off and i lost all my yos and what not. Grr. I am not using the next smaller cable size and have re-ordered a 32 and a 40 inch cable, so I will switch my project over when it gets here. 

I am off to grocery shop and then hope to get a bit more done before DH gets back with the kidlets. 

I watched a video on how to do the garter tab. I started to try it and the baby woke up. Going to try again now that he's happy and playing with older sister.

I had to watch one too--i've never done a garter tab. Hope you got some time to start!

Is it too late to join this? I spent last week at the beach, and am just now getting caught up on board happenings!

Age of Brass has been sitting in my library waiting for me to get around to it. Last night, while working on a cabled cowl, I had a little reminder about why cables and drowsiness don't mix.  :blushing:  I wound up frogging it, so I have a lovely skein of brick red wool to use for this KAL.

• Like 2

Is it too late to join this? I spent last week at the beach, and am just now getting caught up on board happenings!

Age of Brass has been sitting in my library waiting for me to get around to it. Last night, while working on a cabled cowl, I had a little reminder about why cables and drowsiness don't mix.  :blushing:  I wound up frogging it, so I have a lovely skein of brick red wool to use for this KAL.

Please join! we've only just begun (to live...white lace and promises...a kiss for luck...okay nevermind).

I am about 6 inches in. 

• Like 2

How's it going for everyone? I thought I would make more headway today, but I seem to have trouble counting :huh: I had to tink back twice and recount my stitches, and then my knitpicks options 32' cable broke :( so all my stitches fell off and i lost all my yos and what not. Grr. I am not using the next smaller cable size and have re-ordered a 32 and a 40 inch cable, so I will switch my project over when it gets here.

I am off to grocery shop and then hope to get a bit more done before DH gets back with the kidlets.

Out of curiosity did you pull the cable out of the metal bit you attach to the needle? I have done that twice lately and am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if my cables are just old. Never broke a knit picks cable before.

I am getting close to done with the prayer shawl I was already working on. Hopefully it will be done this weekend and I will be able to join you.

• Like 1

I was doing so well and zooming along, not paying attention. So, I was knitting when I should have been purling. I tried to tink it but I lost a stitch. I am going to have to pull it all out and start again.  :crying:  At least I get to practice the provisional cast-on and garter tab. Also, I'm not liking the way my yo are looking. Maybe I can improve that.

I was doing so well and zooming along, not paying attention. So, I was knitting when I should have been purling. I tried to tink it but I lost a stitch. I am going to have to pull it all out and start again.  :crying:  At least I get to practice the provisional cast-on and garter tab. Also, I'm not liking the way my yo are looking. Maybe I can improve that.

Try to pick up stitches as you slooooowly rip back a new row. Then you might not have to rip it *all* out. Just make sure when you start again that your stitches are sitting the right way on the needle so you don't get twisted stitches.

I think yo's tend to look sloppy as they're knitted but get better after blocking.

• Like 1

Try to pick up stitches as you slooooowly rip back a new row. Then you might not have to rip it *all* out. Just make sure when you start again that your stitches are sitting the right way on the needle so you don't get twisted stitches.

I think yo's tend to look sloppy as they're knitted but get better after blocking.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to just start over. This yarn is a bit thinner than I'm used to and I had a difficult time going back just 4 stitches. I don't mind and actually need the practice.

• Like 1

I finished the first stockinette and garter eyelet sections, and am hoping to get another couple of sections done tonight. It's difficult to decide which I like better- AoBaS or Boneyard. They're pretty much the same pattern, and both knit up very quickly.

I'd like to do boneyard. another one that looks lovely is the lonely tree shawl....http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-lonely-tree-shawl

• Like 1

I am almost done with skein number 1-if i were doing this as written, I'd be finished. But I am awaiting the arrival of a second skein so I can make it larger. I think I should have read some of the rav comments before making it larger, though--people mentioned doing the row end yo only on the knit side so it isn't quite so skinny, and I think that would have been better. Ah well! 

How's everyone else's going?

• Like 1

how's everyone doing?? I am on my 4th repeat of the stockinette pattern;  have also been working on finishing some socks, and just found out my cousin had a baby boy, so want to knit a baby blanket for him by August. I think this shawl will take me another couple weeks--still waiting on the 2nd skein i ordered from a raveler. 

Are people making headway?

I finished last night, but it still needs a strong blocking. I ran out of yarn just before the last eyelet section, so I finished up with the leftover handspun I used for my Boneyard.

I'd start another project, but with Tour de Fleece coming up, I'll be spinning rather than knitting. Any other WTMers doing TdF? Should we set up a team?

• Like 2

What's Tour De Fleece!?

TdF runs throught the Tour de France. Handspinners spin every day the tour rides. You set goals (such as weight or yardage) for yourself, and some groups give out prizes for reaching goals. Check out the Tour de Fleece group on Ravelry. I think there is still time to set up a team, if there is any interest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...