Menu

Anyone else starting this Monday?

Zelda

Boot camp is starting Monday, getting the kids up at 6:30 am and following a routine until 2:00 everyday. I think I'll start preschool with ds4 to work out any kinks (let me just imagine that I can do this in a week's time, okay?) Dd8 will be doing science, reading, writing, Times Tales and piano this coming week.

Sept. 15th is our start day where we will resume all studies, we've been doing informal studies for the last month or so.

We were going to start on Monday, and we're excited, but Ike is just around the corner and still may be headed our way :glare:

We're checking the advisories. If we stay home, we're schooling (what else is there to do with a storm raging outside sitting in a home boarded up with shutters? ;)). If we stay at a hotel, we're schooling. If we go to Miami to dh's uncle house, we're not schooling. I can't imagine having our first day of school with dh's aunt looking over our shoulders and saying what we would be missing (her mom is a retired schoolteacher).

So.. to make a long story short again, our first official school day was going to be Monday.. :tongue_smilie:

Yep, dd11's "official" first day is tomorrow - ds9 started at his ps on Sept 4th and we (dd11 and I) had been planning to attend the 'not back to school picnic' with the provincial group here that same day, but lousy weather ended up having it rescheduled to later this week....since we'd planned that for Thurs, we figured rather than start on Friday, we'd wait for Monday...with the cancellation and stuff though, we ended up starting a little bit...technically tomorrow is still the 'official' first day though, first full day and all that. :)

Monday, we are starting with Bible, Grammer, Spelling and SOTW. This is my first year to "wing it" without a curriculum that includes everything as well as a schedule. To make matters more challenging I have a 4 month old who will no doubt make things more interesting. I am just going to go with the flow and see how things work. I don't have a schedule yet but once we work through a few weeks I may try to put one together. I will be adding math, science and art later once I get going. :willy_nilly:

Our actual official start date was Wednesday the third of Sept., but this will be our first full week, and our first week of doing a full schedule. Hopefully this week will go more smoothly schedule-wise, as ds's deciding he really didn't want to go to preschool on Wednesday (the first day of Preschool) and ds's getting sick to his stomach on Friday kind of threw us off a bit. We did get a lot covered in three days anyway, though, just not in as orderly a way as I had envisioned! But I guess I should just start envisioning less order, maybe.

We were suppose to start three weeks ago but I wasn't ready.

It's next Monday that we are starting officially. We going light tomorrow so I guess you could say we are starting a little. We will begin by getting up early and going to bed early all week. We will be doing Math and Literature this week only. We kick off PE on Friday. I've got the rest of the week to finish writing up our lesson plan for Elections and US Goven and ommitting what we won't be adding there and that should be ready in a few days. I have lots to do this week preparing the house and kids for school. I'm so not ready. It's getting better though.

Yes! Peanut will be in kindergarten, so that's exciting! We're doing Saxon Math K, continuing working on her reading (she read her first BOB Book in July), working on her writing, reading A LOT, and playing. Little Bit will begin official pre-school work, which really just consists of read-alouds from the old SLPK program her sister did and playing. ;)

My youngest is starting on Monday. She asked to try out ps, but only lasted two weeks. That was the minimum I told her she had to attend if I registered her. I was pretty sure she would hate it, but I thought she'd last longer than two weeks. She was ready to return to hs the 2nd day, but stuck out the two weeks.

My other two started two weeks ago.

Tomorrow is our first full day and we'll do opening ceremonies and picture taking. We've been doing a couple of subjects for a couple of weeks, but tomorrow is the real beginning. I finished my planning this afternoon (just for the first week). Looks like we're doing a lot--hope it all goes okay.