Menu

Can we still look pretty when we're 70?

MamaBearTeacher

My mom is 83. All the way through her 60s, she was still flat out gorgeous.  70s started the really heavy aging process.  So at 83, yeah, she looks like an old lady.  But she still makes an effort to put on nice clothes and fix her hair, put on some lipstick. I think that makes a difference.  She always looks classy and like she cares about herself.  She didn't just give up because she got old.

• Like 2

My dark almost black hair has always been my 'thing'.  So letting it go grey would be hard for me.  I don't know if I ever can. But I also don't want to be one of those old ladies with blue hair!  :)  

You know those menopause commercial?  The one with the beautiful older ladies...one has flowing grey hair and she is a knock out.  If I could look like THAT with grey hair, um yeah.  :)

Either way....I'm ok being 50 this month.  Better than the alternative.

• Like 2

I'm worried by the word 'pretty'.  I tend to associate it with children, so my answer would be, 'No, that's weird'.  

There are several lovely examples in my choir, however, of women who are strong/beautiful/elegant/alive-to-possibility in old age, so all of that is definitely possible.

• Like 1

My dark almost black hair has always been my 'thing'. So letting it go grey would be hard for me. I don't know if I ever can. But I also don't want to be one of those old ladies with blue hair! :)

You know those menopause commercial? The one with the beautiful older ladies...one has flowing grey hair and she is a knock out. If I could look like THAT with grey hair, um yeah. :)

Either way....I'm ok being 50 this month. Better than the alternative.

I think that woman has become the goal appearance of some couple million women over 40. She is gorgeous!

• Like 2

I'm 45 and definitely tend toward the low maintenance, easy sense of style.  I doubt that will change as I get older.  My hair is still brown with just a few grey strands.  I occasionally dye it using one of the semi-permanent dyes that match my color almost exactly so no roots, just a bit of brightening up.

I plan to be the old lady with the long grey hair, usually worn in a single braid, dressed in a bohemian style - long flowing skirts, t-shirts, etc.  I'd probably do some variation of that now if I didn't work full time.

• Like 1

I think so! My mom is in her mid-70's and looks great. People comment on it all the time. She keeps her hair a nice color, she dresses nice, she's been taking care of her skin all her life. She keeps active and has a good outlook on life, too. One thing I've noticed about some women my age (mid to late 40's) is that when they lose weight they tend to look older. Especially around the face and neck.

• Like 1