Menu

I am getting a new realtor

DawnM

I have had a couple of realtors in the past few years but haven't been able to get things done to the house to get it sold.

The last realtor gave me one referral for work and it was her husband.   He came out and then I never heard from him again.  No quotes, no nothing.  I have been tempted to tell her that her husband cost her the sale of my house, but I find I can't be that blunt.

I want to MOVE and we need things done that DH wanted to do but hasn't had time to finish.

I finally emailed a new realtor yesterday.  She is the realtor of the previous owners of the house!  She is very local and hopefully will have local folks she can recommend.

Wish me luck!  I would love to put this house on the market at the LATEST by next Feb.

• Like 4

If you're looking for work referrals, have you thought about Angie's List?    When we had our realtor debacle I turned to AL.  They helped so much... plus you can get a feel for how much something might cost from the reviews.

Also, they have these ongoing "Angie's List Deals" which are greatly reduced services from lots of local companies for AL members.   I've gotten my house cleaned, electrical work done, plumbing, gutter cleaning all at reduced prices.

• Like 2

good luck!  We are hoping to list ours ASAP, too.  I haven't contacted the realtor yet because I know some things that are lacking.  It's hard to find a realtor who will honestly shine light on the problems.   The ones I know are just chipper, positive people.  I want one who comes in and says get rid of this, this, and this and paint this and basically hands me a to-do list!  I want to list a home that looks like a showcase.  We have a 40 year old house that must compete with brand new homes!  Best of luck to you!

As an aside - my kids are LOVING all this painting and fixing-up I'm doing because I ended school early and they veg-out in front of TV.  They almost never get TV usually, so they are having the time of their little couch potato lives. 

• Like 1

If you're looking for work referrals, have you thought about Angie's List?    When we had our realtor debacle I turned to AL.  They helped so much... plus you can get a feel for how much something might cost from the reviews.

Also, they have these ongoing "Angie's List Deals" which are greatly reduced services from lots of local companies for AL members.   I've gotten my house cleaned, electrical work done, plumbing, gutter cleaning all at reduced prices.

The last time I used Angie's list, I ended up spending thousands (embarrassed to say how many thousands) for the poorest quality work we have ever had done.

It left a very bad taste in my mouth.