Menu

Is this ill-advised for the end of our History year?

This year, the time period we've studied is from the fall of Rome to the Renaissance (yes, we are going slowly, but deeply, taking rabbit trails where we like).  We could go on, but I feel myself itching to stop and do an in-depth study of Renaissance artists.  We like to take rabbit trails but I feel like this would be more of an art history diversion as opposed to a "real" history diversion.  Tell me this is ok!  We will pick up where we left off next year.  I just want to really dig into Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Botticelli, etc. with TGC lectures, Sister Wendy and other DVDs I can get my hands on to make the art really come alive for them.  Ok, this is kind of selfish of me because I would have loved this at their ages.  

Any cons to this?  Lay them on me.  I'm a big girl.

Go for it! :)

Honestly, even if you ended up skipping some History and starting up next year further in the time line, the History police will NOT come knocking. ;) History is such a vast subject with just way too much detail for anyone to do it all, even spending decades on it. So go with what excites you, and enjoy. :) Warmest regards, Lori D.

• Like 8