Menu

s/o of nothing in the fridge

school17777

I need something with chocolate in it, now!  Nothing quick to grab except kids lunch treats, which I won't.  I have all the stuff to make cookies, which would satisfy the craving, but I don't want to!

The fridge is loaded with lots of healthy snacks, but that's not what I want/need right now.  Yes, a chocolate treat falls in the need category.

Um, I do have the cadbury eggs stashed for Easter baskets.  No one would know .......

• Like 1

I will see if I have a brownie mix.  I can make a snack for the kids, with the leftover brownie batter.  The batter is the best part anyway.

There is one!  You know all well-stocked pantries should have one for emergency purposes, even when you typically make brownies from scratch.  Bonus is that the box has a box-top on it, which dd is collecting!  So, I am really helping her by making the brownies from a mix.

• Like 1

I have been known to just grab a handful of chocolate chips for a quick chocolate fix.  The rest of the cookie is just a delivery vehicle for the chips anyway, right?

There are a couple of people in my family who do this with my baking chips.  Then when I go to bake something, I have minimal chips left, so no one is supposed to eat the baking chips without actually baking.  I would be a hypocrite if I ate them plain.

I eat protein when that happens.  or quality yogurt.  I'd rather do that than the empty calories that go straight to my hips.

Under normal circumstances, I would do this.  But, the chocolate urge is too great at the moment.

I did see a chocoate/banana yogurt over the weekend that I was so tempted to try.  Now I wish I had gone ahead and bought it.

• Like 1

There are a couple of people in my family who do this with my baking chips.  Then when I go to bake something, I have minimal chips left, so no one is supposed to eat the baking chips without actually baking.  I would be a hypocrite if I ate them plain.

I buy the giant bag of chocolate chips from Costco so it is a rare thing for us to be low on chips. :laugh:

• Like 1

Do you need to be sneaky about it? Then feel no guilt about eating the Cadbury. If you can eat the chocolate in the open, then by all means "help your daughter with the box top". Either way you win, and that's just how it has to be when mama desperately needs chocolate. :)

• Like 1

I buy the giant bag of chocolate chips from Costco so it is a rare thing for us to be low on chips. :laugh:

We do too, but the people who eat the chips out of the bag think that it won't be noticed if they eat them since the bag is so big, so they grab a handful whenever, not realizing how much they ate.  

Clearly, the reason supermarkets open Easter candy for sale when Easter is still two months away is because they know we need a food excuse to buy candy twice. So, all you would be doing by raiding the Easter treats is fulfilling marketing expectations. Right?

• Like 1

Clearly, the reason supermarkets open Easter candy for sale when Easter is still two months away is because they know we need a food excuse to buy candy twice. So, all you would be doing by raiding the Easter treats is fulfilling marketing expectations. Right?

Well, last year or maybe the year before, there were no Cadbury eggs to be found before Easter, so I don't want to make that mistake again!  And the kids would be disappointed not to have a Cadbury egg in their basket.

I ended up making the brownies from a mix, because that was less work than making cookies or something else.  The brownies are cooling at the moment and my kids will be happy for a treat.  So a win win for everyone.

• Like 1

I have been known to just grab a handful of chocolate chips for a quick chocolate fix. The rest of the cookie is just a delivery vehicle for the chips anyway, right?

My kids say, "What kind of cookies should we make, mom?"

I always tell them it doesn't matter what recipe they use, but if they don't toss in a cup of chocolate chips I can't call it a cookie.

Yeah baby. That's what I said when I hit the Reese's egg stash this morning. I honestly have no self control with those things, one small bag is all I allow and then it's the rebounder.

Ooh, Reese's eggs are the best!  I love those things!

I really don't like Cadbury eggs though.  :leaving:

• Like 1

Well, last year or maybe the year before, there were no Cadbury eggs to be found before Easter, so I don't want to make that mistake again! And the kids would be disappointed not to have a Cadbury egg in their basket.

I ended up making the brownies from a mix, because that was less work than making cookies or something else. The brownies are cooling at the moment and my kids will be happy for a treat. So a win win for everyone.

Say what?!? You can eat brownies cool? I thought straight out of the oven and still gooey was the only way.

More controversy for the Hive. ;)