Menu

Dysgraphic and gel pens?

I didn't know there were erasable gel pens.  That is very interesting!  I wonder how well they erase and how well they write.  

DD loves gel pens.  So do I.  I love them not just for the smoothness but because my bad eyesight makes the bolder line easier to read.  DS likes them (he's the dygraphic) but he prefers a dry erase marker or a pencil so he can easily erase.  An erasable gel pen might be a nice addition to our options.

Sorry I can't give any direct feedback but I am glad that you posted!

• Like 1

I figure I may as well try it.  I'm getting to the point that I'm likely going to start cursive by fall (2nd grade).  Legibility is better but there are still loads of struggles unless I remind him of every letter.  Once we finally get into VT it may help but for now it's hard for him.  Maybe he'll like using a pen too.

It may be too much trouble, but you can use a stylus on an IPad with the software Notability and write upon imported PDFs.

My son's handwriting is so bad that when he uses his Echo LiveScribe and converts his handwritten notes with software (MyScript for LiveScribe) the result is at least 50% in translation mistakes.  This means he has to correct numerous typos, so it is easier for DS to simply retype his notes than bother with handwriting recognition sw.

• Like 1

Maybe not erasable, but my ds, who is diagnosed dysgraphic, likes Miffy scented gel ink pens (got on amazon and I never noticed the scent even though I am sensitive to scents). He has really liked using these and wants me to order more.  I know they are a bit pricey but these have lasted him since fall 2013. He also likes Pilot G-2 pens, both fine and a bit wider tip. 

• Like 2

We tried them - they're ok.  DD doesn't love them or hate them.  

The one she tried and really liked was a "space pen."   The pressurized ink flows very easily, and makes it very smooth to write with - the closest thing we've found in a pen to a whiteboard and markers. 

Didn't know there were erasable ones. My ds's fav. pens are called Uni-Ball vision elite and write pretty smoothly. That said, we dropped cursive as being counterproductive, and when he does write he usually prints with pencil.  Time put to typing has been more useful here.

• Like 2