Menu

Exercise Thread ~ March 22nd - March 28th

Negin

Soror-lack of sleep makes me very nauseous. Blech! My problem is not insomnia it's not getting all the sleep I want. Left to my own devices I'd love 10 hrs/night. Never going to happen. I may secretly be a koala though. Twenty-three hours of sleep would be awesome and then a bite of eucalyptus.

Redsquirrel-I have the same problem. My time is usually the bottom of the list.

Last night my ds had a birthday sleepover so I need to take kids home but first I'm doing a Fun 5K with the 11yo and then running to an Easter egg hunt with the 7 yo. She'll miss the one in our town next week because we begin the month of ballet bondage as they prepare for the year end performance. Not a happy time for mama.

We are supposed to go out with friends tonight so other than the trotting 5k I'm hoping to just get in some slow stretching yoga.

• Like 4

I'm starting to lose sleep again after a really good run of good sleep.   I worry too about breaking the insomnia kick once it sets in.   I hate it.

Me too.  Monday night- no sleep.  No reason for it at all.  My older sisters both say that HRT has solved that particular issue for them.  

Up early baking sausage kolaches, yummy.

Today and Sunday are rest days - though I will walk with dh and do some light stretching.  

• Like 2

Soror-lack of sleep makes me very nauseous. Blech! My problem is not insomnia it's not getting all the sleep I want. Left to my own devices I'd love 10 hrs/night. Never going to happen. I may secretly be a koala though. Twenty-three hours of sleep would be awesome and then a bite of eucalyptus.

Redsquirrel-I have the same problem. My time is usually the bottom of the list.

Last night my ds had a birthday sleepover so I need to take kids home but first I'm doing a Fun 5K with the 11yo and then running to an Easter egg hunt with the 7 yo. She'll miss the one in our town next week because we begin the month of ballet bondage as they prepare for the year end performance. Not a happy time for mama.

We are supposed to go out with friends tonight so other than the trotting 5k I'm hoping to just get in some slow stretching yoga.

LOL, koala bear :) I don't need that much but at least 7 hrs would be sweet. 

UFFda- I've not ever even try a handstand but I was looking the other day at progressions for it. I'm considering putting it on my list of skills to work on. My backbend is very rusty right now too.

rieshy- have you looked int progesterone? It is supposed to be pretty low side effect and they even have it OTC. It is supposed to help with sleep. I didn't make it through the night last night but I felt I slept deeper. Reading more I'm going to lower my dosage tonight. 

I take time for me, I think I must be more selfish than most moms. I don't usually have an issue with time, well not now since the baby is older and can play with the kids. My issue is fatigue when I don't get enough sleep.  It is much easier to work out before the kids get up, but if I'm awake in the night that doesn't happen.

I feel much better today than yesterday, although still a bit tired and sore. I had no time this morning because I slept late and dd had a dance performance and we went shopping. By the time we made it home it was time for lunch and I needed a rest before we have to get going again and go to church. I don't know if working out will happen today. I don't have the energy now and after church it will be supper time and I don't usually like to work out that late as it messes with my sleep. Perhaps my body needed a break though.  Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be much better so we'll likely get in some biking or hiking and yoga for me. I'd love it if I slept good and got up early for an extended yoga practice. I've got some videos from Deepen Your Practice that I really want to try out.

• Like 1

Well, posting here motivated me and I squeezed in some Yoga and Mutu- 30 min. I was hustling to get done before we had to leave but then dh just called me to say he wanted to go later, just as well dd3 had a poop 'incident'. 

I skipped the one twisty backbend in my video today my back being sore the last 2 days has made me a bit paranoid, so I'm taking it a bit easy. 

• Like 2

Soror, which yoga DVD are you doing with back bends?  Long ago, I had a yoga VHS that I loved that had backbends....it was Flexibility Yoga. It was a difficult tape but I really liked it. Oh my goodness, that was back in the days when I had my own little apt and would do yoga on Sunday morning because I had nothing better to do, lol. It had two sessions, and one was focused on forward bends and one was based on back bends. I really liked it quite a lot. 

Where do you find progesterone OTC?  At the health food store, like 'yam cream'?  I know someone who used that every day on her inner arm and she said it was very helpful for 'balancing her hormones' but I don't know what that meant, lol.

Today is my day off.  I actually got 6 days in this week! 

• Like 2

Amazon has progesterone cream, I read good things about the Emerita(sp?) brand- Mine is prescription compounded though.

Yoga is Short and Sweet Yoga, short but fairly advanced, I love it.

Got in 1 hr walk with the kids, pretty leisurely but it is always nice to get outside. 

• Like 2

I get to post on this thread bc I actually exercised tr past 2 days! Yea me!

I did the Miracle Mile exercise video by Leslie Sansone both days. My little girls did it with me. So fun!

It is a bit easy for me but I like that I could do all the moves without feeling ridiculous & that I didnt feel like I was going to die afterward. It gave me a great boost of energy which has never happened before when exercising.

• Like 3