• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I think maybe I touched something when I was mowing the lawn the other day and then touched my neck and that's how the itchies started.  I thought it was a bug bite but it has spread just a bit.  Maybe a smidge of poison ivy or something.  I don't know.  I'm not itchy anywhere else.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

12 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I think maybe I touched something when I was mowing the lawn the other day and then touched my neck and that's how the itchies started.  I thought it was a bug bite but it has spread just a bit.  Maybe a smidge of poison ivy or something.  I don't know.  I'm not itchy anywhere else.

Hopefully it's not cellulitis from a bug bite. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Went out to talk to tree cutting guys. Two of their arborists told me that it’s a hemlock but he insists that it’s a fir. No matter what it’s called, that’s the tree to cut down!  

Went out to supervise the very last of the tree cutting. They gave me about five yards of wood chips (much more than just mine). 

They moved the logs onto a mulch circle for me (off the grass) but said that they weren’t allowed to move it further. I guess I know what my weight lifting will be for the next week or so!  

Said the tree was soft in the center. So it was good that it came down.

• Like 3

I gave pup his monthly medicines and mailed bills.  Dd14 is determined to finish her Zelda puzzle, at least as much as possible since she believes Pup ate a piece or two.  Dinner tonight is Kansas City Steak Soup.  So yummy.

I think pup's ear is bothering him again.  He's starting to shake his head in that "my ear is bothering me" kind of way.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

I got yelled at by the squirrel when i went to take out the trash. I don’t know if he’s new or just gotten his voice because this hasn’t really happened before this week. And I know we have had a gray squirrel living in our pine trees for a while now, so I’m not sure what the deal is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I got yelled at by the squirrel when i went to take out the trash. I don’t know if he’s new or just gotten his voice because this hasn’t really happened before this week. And I know we have had a gray squirrel living in our pine trees for a while now, so I’m not sure what the deal is.

Maybe she has babies?  

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday!!

School and work!!

Now DS’s got a terrible ear ache. i have no idea what to do with him. He is still on the antibiotics, and I know the doctor isn’t going to want to see him until those are finished. Poor guy.

It’s heating up around here. Supposed to be 100 degrees on Sunday. We are having Mother’s Day here. We thought about eating outside, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

• Like 4

Good morning!

I finally got to sleep around 2.  Stupid foot.  Overslept a little and then went to check on dd20 who also overslept but was eating a banana and walking out the door 5 minutes later to get to class.  Dd16 has a follow-up appointment with the foot surgeon in a couple hours.  Then after lunch she is giving a violin lesson to a scout friend.

Today's tidying project will be the basement.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday!!

School and work!!

Now DS’s got a terrible ear ache. i have no idea what to do with him. He is still on the antibiotics, and I know the doctor isn’t going to want to see him until those are finished. Poor guy.

It’s heating up around here. Supposed to be 100 degrees on Sunday. We are having Mother’s Day here. We thought about eating outside, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

The doctor needs to know if symptoms are increasing. It may mean that this particular antibiotic has stopped working and he needs a different one. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The doctor needs to know if symptoms are increasing. It may mean that this particular antibiotic has stopped working and he needs a different one. 

well, maybe i should give her a call today, then.

• Like 4

Dd20 is off to the end-of-year feast and we have done some tidying and sorting and organizing and ds18 is vacuuming and I went downstairs 5 times to get a package of cheese out of the freezer and every. single. time. I did something other than get the cheese and finally on the sixth attempt I ran downstairs, grabbed the cheese, and ran back upstairs before anyone could distract me.  Whew.  Now our enchiladas will have cheese.

The Big News of the day is that Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has finally arrived after a three year wait.  Dd14 gets first dibs.

Where's Slache?

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Slache is playing Zelda. I wish. Total ocarina of time fangirl. I even have an ocarina.

I went to a ladies meeting last night and one of the women who has maybe an 8 month old baby and is pregnant spent about half an hour asking me about parenting techniques, disciplining, raising children in the Lord, things like that. I don't think I've ever felt so complimented in my life.

Then I slept in until noon because I went to a lady's meeting that ran past 8 'o clock and I am very old.

I'm also taking a business class, which is exhausting.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Slache is playing Zelda. I wish. Total ocarina of time fangirl. I even have an ocarina.

I went to a ladies meeting last night and one of the women who has maybe an 8 month old baby and is pregnant spent about half an hour asking me about parenting techniques, disciplining, raising children in the Lord, things like that. I don't think I've ever felt so complimented in my life.

Then I slept in until noon because I went to a lady's meeting that ran past 8 'o clock and I am very old.

I'm also taking a business class, which is exhausting.

Business Lady!!  That's cool.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning, Happy Saturday.

I didn't sleep in much today, I was awake by 9am.  Woke up with a headache, probably due to the barometric pressure.  It has that heavy feel to the air like it's almost going to rain.  Except it's not supposed to rain.   

Today I'm cleaning house since dd and mom are coming over for dinner tomorrow.   I do have to run out later and water my plants at work since it's not going to rain.   I may also see if I feel up to a walk.  

• Like 4

My reading challenge is going okay.   I'm still reading mostly light romances from kindle unlimited but have read 22 books from specific categories (out of 93 categories), and a total of 77 books.   I'm hoping to hit more of the categories over the summer.   When I'm working it's easier for me to read from Libby or KU because I can start on my computer at home and continue on my phone or computer at work.  It's also easier to read books that can be put down and picked up again easily, so nothing heavy.  Real books are will be easier to read when I'm hanging out on the beach at the lake this summer.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

It’s a beautiful cool morning out. Supposed to get hot later on. Bleh!! DH is outside right now doing yard work. Goldie is alternating chasing and tackling the other cats and sitting down right exactly where DH is working. He’s my favorite cat. All the cats are carefully scrutinizing DH’s work.

Tons of housework today. Oldest DD has prom tonight, so I need to act like I am excited about that.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

So, I'm thinking your kids should be making these? 🤣

I was really tempted to buy myself a few tulip bouquets but I resisted.

I know. They will all go to the AFSA sometime today with DH and buy me presents. That’s how we do Mother’s Day around here. Honestly, it has always been my least favorite holiday.

• Like 2

My reading challenge is going slow.  I know i am not going to get as many books in this year, though things may pick up over the summer. I do have a lot of books lying around waiting to be read. Right now i am midway though “That Affair Next Door” by Anna Katharine Green, the Mother of the Detective Novel. It’s good, but slow going. I’m not sure which category. Possibly Over 100 years Old. the novel is definitely over 100 years old. I got another Brian Kilmeade book - this one is on Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates. I got several from Gettysburg about the battle there. And I got Towles’ “Rules of Civility.” Susan, tell me how “Lincoln Highway” went. I had a hard time deciding on my second Towles book.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

Ds got his grades for this semester.   Two A's and a C+.   For the C+, his average in the class was an 87%, just above the class average.  The professor grades on a curve.  So an 87% winds up a C+.  

I feel like that is kind of a sucky way to grade.   Someone could have a score in the low 80's/high 70s and fail?  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Ds got his grades for this semester.   Two A's and a C+.   For the C+, his average in the class was an 87%, just above the class average.  The professor grades on a curve.  So an 87% winds up a C+.  

I feel like that is kind of a sucky way to grade.   Someone could have a score in the low 80's/high 70s and fail?  

i have always hated grading on a curve. if you have a class of super smart people, you could get a 90% and still fail the class.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

I had a class that was graded on the curve in university.  It turned my class into the Lord of the Flies.  No one wanted to help anyone else on anything.  I ignored it all, shared my notes with anyone who asked and fortunately still got an A. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I had a class that was graded on the curve in university.  It turned my class into the Lord of the Flies.  No one wanted to help anyone else on anything.  I ignored it all, shared my notes with anyone who asked and fortunately still got an A. 

I don't think he realized it was going to be graded that way.  He's very new to grades so I don't think it would have occurred to him.   The online grading system showed his percentage, the class average and the class median, but I didn't see until the final grades were in the "adjusted" grade percentage. 

• Like 3

DD got her hair done at her friend’s house. Now I am finishing up the cake pops.The sticks don’t do a good job of staying in. They are dipped in chocolate, sprinkled with chopped cashew and sea salt and now middle DD is drizzling carmel because she has the talent for drizzling.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, 73349 said:

Last night we successfully surprised one Birthday Relative, and today we surprise the other. (Other family members drove a total of 2,000 miles to get here.) Whew.

Second Birthday Relative was also surprised! (She knew she was having a little party at home but didn't know family from out of town was coming.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Happy Mother’s Day!!

I am up early to try to get all the things done before church. I’m having 11 at my table for lunch. It will be all good. After that, I need to send out invitations for DS’s graduation party because I just can’t seem to get my life organized and it should have been done last week. It’ll be a small party. Ima get a party tray from a local Mexican restaurant.

• Like 4