Menu

Don't judge me but...

alisoncooks

Caught my daughter watching that movie... way to adult for my tastes for a 12 yr old to be watching. Put it in the stove, ahvent had to listen to "lets talk about the sex" in a blessed long time.

Ha! Yes, definitely not suitable for young audiences...but quite entertaining (in a trashy sort of way) for adults. :p

I've noticed it playing on ABC Family early in the evening (6pm) lately. Surprised me a bit.

Caught my daughter watching that movie... way to adult for my tastes for a 12 yr old to be watching. Put it in the stove, ahvent had to listen to "lets talk about the sex" in a blessed long time. 

What did you put in the stove??

ETA: I don't care what your kid watches, I'm just hoping your family wasn't breathing the toxins from an actual DVD melting into your stove.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this older thread to say:  

I went to see Pitch Perfect 2 today.

:lurk5:  :party:  :lurk5:

I enjoyed it!  It's quite like the first movie in plot (except there's simply NOT enough Skylar Astin, who is absolutely adorable).  

I loved the scenes with the rival German team.  Man, their songs were awesome!

Loved all the cameos!  Pentatonix as the Canadian team!  And the Green Bay Packers!  :lol:

Was it quality?  Meh, who can say. ;)

But I liked it -- I walked out wanting to watch it again, immediately, to more fully savor the singing.

(Today's movie day was a gift to myself.  DH just finished up 5 days of in-patient chemo, and I needed to take myself out somewhere alone, away from the kids, to eat popcorn and drink an Icee and veg-out to fun nonsense.)

• Like 7

My 15 yo saw this on opening night and then again the very next night.  She is after me to see it with her.  I have to admit that I really enjoyed PPI the fourteen times I've seen parts of it on DVD, so I might.  Jessie's attitude towards Benjie made the movie for me.  Benjie is such a geek; Jessie is so nice to him; Benjie saves the day.  PLUS, the dad turns out to have been right.  Love it when the parents are not idiots.