Menu

Where is a good place to wide kids shoes?

I don't know what my ds has eaten over the summer but he grew 2 inches and his feet out grew all of his shoes. Not only did he out grow them, he feet spread out width wise as well.

Looking in Wal-Mart they have no kids shoes in wide. Where would be a good place to buy some, that don't cost an arm and a leg?

Recommended to me by several shoe stores.Dh and dd love them.Kids outgrow shoes so quickly that I hate to pay higher prices for them but it's worth it not to have dd complaining about her shoes pinching all the time.Also,they don't wear out as quickly.

I have occasionally found them at Payless or Wal-mart, so just keep your eyes open.

If I need something SPECIFIC (last year, I bought their church dresses to all go with brown shoes. Only one problem with that...I couldn't find brown dress shoes), I hit one of those old-fashioned shoe stores. They have been happy to order for me and let me try them on when they get there to see if they fit. No shipping charges or anything.

Thanks for recommending Stride Rite. I just looked on their web site and they have an e-fit. I printed it and measured my ds feet. 4.5 XW.

I have never paid even $50 for shoes for me. Oh well, nothing I can do about it. We will go to the local Stride Rite later today and getter a more accurate measurement.

Hello Sarah!

Stride Rite is indeed wonderful for children who have wide feet. They are quality and support well, and I have found them to last for hand-me-downs. I hope you found something wonderful for the kiddos.

It was helpful to me to find that I could get them (Stride Rites), once I felt comfortable with my sizing, often at Marshall's or on ebay, as another mommy mentioned.

I also have really loved Land's End; but I wanted to let you know regarding those that you can often find them on their Overstocks site and save more money. I've saved half my money this way.

We did Stride Rite when my dc were younger, then switched to Land's End with excellent and cost-effective results.

HTH!

I have kids with narrow feet - and all i can ever find at WM or Payless is wide!

Stride Rite or Nordstrom's is where most of ours come from, and why they don't have but 1 pair. I can't buy them online because i have to see them on them, even narrows are too wide at times.

Sigh.... time for tennis shoes for the lot too.

Shoe Carnival along with Stride Rite. I had always gone to Stride Rite due to my younger having his daddy's feet. But we stopped in Shoe Carnival this past year and found quite a few New Balance wide sizes. We were just there this weekend, in fact. I got both boys some new tennis shoes, one of which is the wide foot boy. The usually have the buy one get one 1/2 off sale too. So with sale that was already on, one pair was 25 and the other half of that! Both were New Balance, btw.

Thanks for recommending Stride Rite. I just looked on their web site and they have an e-fit. I printed it and measured my ds feet. 4.5 XW.

I have never paid even $50 for shoes for me. Oh well, nothing I can do about it. We will go to the local Stride Rite later today and getter a more accurate measurement.

I've seen Stride rite wide at Marshalls.