Menu

How on *earth* do you keep up with the board?

Even my own threads I can't keep up with! I lose them in all the other threads, or I forget what I posted...

And rep! I try to rep if people respond to something I've asked, but then I run out of rep points for the past 24 hours and by then, I'm posting something else that needs repped. KWIM?

Is it just me? I know I'm somewhat scatter-brained.... :D

Major insomnia! That is the only way I can keep up! And slow days on the board.

The insomnia does it for me :). But I was sick recently, and not on for a couple of days, and I couldn't even get past a page or two--new things kept popping up!

I'm mad at the rep--now that I finally get it and try to spread it, I run out in no time.

I seriously need to rethink my addicition, um, dedication to this board!

I used to keep up with everything on the old style board, but I just can't seem to do it here anymore.

It used to bother me to not check the boards frequently, too. Since I can't keep up with it, it has really helped to kill my addiction. I now go for days at a time without coming here.:D

~Lisa

Er -- I don't. I miss a lot. :D

As far as my own threads (there aren't many of those) or the ones I've responded to --

If you go to the "User Control Panel" link, it will list your subscribed threads if they have new posts, and there's also a link there to find "all" subscribed threads (up to 500, I think), if you're looking for an older one without new posts.

Otherwise, I just use the "New Posts" link -- but I miss a lot of those because I rarely go past the first page or two.

HTH!

I don't.

I'm amazed that others can post and respond so much.

I hate missing out on some of the inside jokes and thought provoking posts, but I can't do everything. Not even close. There are books to read, gardens to weed, and people to feed around here, too.

Even my own threads I can't keep up with! I lose them in all the other threads, or I forget what I posted...

And rep! I try to rep if people respond to something I've asked, but then I run out of rep points for the past 24 hours and by then, I'm posting something else that needs repped. KWIM?

Is it just me? I know I'm somewhat scatter-brained.... :D

I don't even try. There are sooo many posters and soooo many threads, I could never keep up. If I ask a questions or have a special interest in a thread, I subscribe to it. Otherwise, I peek in for a few minutes, see what's on the first page or two of each board (curr,gen,sn,somtimes hs), post to what interests me and then try to just let them go.:001_smile:

I'm really awful with the rep thing, as well. I go days without giving any out, then give out a days worth in a few minutes. I forget to check my status and then I don't know who's been kind or critical :)

This format is just too fast for me. I would love it if they would "turn the board" like they use to. It's tiresome to have ancient threads show up on the front page.

So, my advice is to subscribe to a thread if you really want to keep up with it. :D

I dont keep up on these boards- I used to on the old boards. I actually prefer these though. I only go to about page 5 at the most on the three boards I frequent.

I find these boards significantly less addictive, and its much easier to filter what I want to read. I skip a lot.