Menu

Declutter Challenge week 3

MomtoCandJ

Popping in so I can find it later.

I don't know if I'll be doing any decluttering today, maybe finishing the bookshelf in the living room, which would then finish the room. Dh is working on finishing the last bit of trim painting in here (finally) so it would be fabulous to have the room entirely done. Next week is the kitchen and we'll see how far I go after that. I'm also working on making some money with my decluttering as well, instead of just donating everything as I usually do, which is taking some time, although I'm becoming faster as I go. 

I have totally fallen off the wagon! I haven't done any de-cluttering in days!! So tomorrow is a fresh start. I am going to try to double up to catch up and follow the pantry recommendations from Declutter 365 as well as some areas of the house that are desperate. Laundry room/office (one giant room), kids' room and master bedroom. Just to the point they look good when you walk in them. Not even going to tackle closets and drawers yet. I have a loooong way to go. Although, it never really ends, does it? Booo! But yay to feeling motivated again!

I finished the living room book shelf yesterday, which finished the living room. I didn't get rid of many books off of this shelf but it is filled with ones that we are using or favorite books for the most part. Now I'm going to need some boxes for the downstairs one! This week I'm hoping to finish the upstairs, basically all I have left is the kitchen and some in the pantry. There are a few small baskets (for keys and such) in the entry shell but that is mostly dh's stuff, so I'm just going to get the excess stuff that has built up and call it good. 

This weekend I ruthlessly cleaned my son's room.  To be fair, it was all MY stuff!  It was my sewing room/storage area and when he moved in, I just never got around to getting the stuff out because I couldn't figure out where to put it!

I filled 8 trash bags and boxed up 3 box loads of stuff to store.  

It took a full day!

Next up, once the trash guys come today to unload the trash cans.......THE ATTIC!!!!!!  About 90% of it can go away!

Right now I'm working on the girls' room. You wouldn't know I just did this about 6 weeks ago :( after that who knows. I'm thinking upper kitchen cabinets to continue the 365/52 challenge.

Is there a rule guide to this specific challenge?

Thanks for posting it Lucky :) did the girls' room yesterday. Didn't get rid of anything really except trash and broken toys. It was mainly getting it all reorganized. Next up will be my upper cabinets and the lower bar cabinets. Lower bar cabinets won't take long since i did it a few weeks ago when we switched where the food went due to mice. The mice can't get into the lower bar cabinet :) now the upper cabinets are a mess.

Thanks.

I actually don't have 365 days as we hope to get this house on the market in about 8 months.

I may need to create my own.

I'm sure there will be days/weeks that don't apply. I have a good 2 months that don't apply to my home. Mostly ones to do with attic, basement, garage, pantry, laundry room, mud room and really any room that's not a living room, kitchen, bathroom or bedroom :)

I took out 8 bags of trash this last week just from our room that used to be my sewing room.   I also filled 4 large boxes to take to Goodwill.

I listed 4 things on CL and my local FB garage sale page.  I have sold a large item, $250 yesterday.   I am hoping for the rest to sell.

I had wanted to tackle the attic this week but I am now down sick and won't get what I want done.

Got the kitchen counters decluttered, the kids' room is passable now. I wouldn't mind if someone wandered in there. Working on the laundry room/ office now. This week's trip to donation drop off will be our 3rd one and I think there will be at least 2 more before we list our house. This is the first time in 10 years that I'm being brutally honest about what we need and what is just taking up valuable space. Finally getting with the program!

We have gone completely backwards in the last couple days. :( I've been busy with other things, and the house has fallen apart. My living room is so full of laundry and train tracks and legos that I can't even walk through it right now! (Fixing that soon!) I had a couple bins down the hall out of reach to go to the thrift store, but a little monkey dragged them back out. 6 out of the 15 surfaces I had cleared off will need to be reclaimed. Hopefully it will be easier this time. Mama needs a vacation...or for everyone else to go on one!