Menu

Refurbished iPads?

MomtoCandJ

Is there any other suggestions for a tablet? I will be using it primarily for e-textbooks so I won't need to try to read a 5+ lb book in bed. Even the refurbished iPads are out of my price range :(

If you ONLY use it for e-textbooks can you use a Kindle reader, which has no apps, and which is only for reading?

What's your price range? The iPad I am on right now was used from PowerMax. It's a retina display, full size version with 32gb. It was $227 shipped. I paid $269 for a refurb 16gb model from the Apple Store online for my son. The stock varies, you have to watch and wait.

I got mine mainly for school books and I like the iPad a lot.

My son had a Google nexus tablet ($200) for over a year before he got the iPad but it just wasn't as sturdy for him.

If you ONLY use it for e-textbooks can you use a Kindle reader, which has no apps, and which is only for reading?

A lot of schools use Bookshelf and other textbook suppliers which are only available on tablet apps and not easy to use on an e reader. I would massively prefer an e ink screen for reading textbooks but I can't get my text books in that format.