Menu

On a lighter note, may I share a pic of dh and a famous person?

I didn't get to go :(.

But basically, dh works for the local transit agency. They have recently converted some of their buses to biodiesel, which they purchase from the company who hosted the event promoting what they do and a grand opening of one of their facilities. WN is in town for a concert and agreed to attend, and I believe he was one of the speakers.

It's really cool, b/c the seed grown to produce the biodiesel can grow in places where other crops don't grow and where no irrigation is needed.

The buses burn cleaner and they don't stink when you are stuck behind them in a car, lol.

On the road again just can't wait to get on the road again

The life I love is making music with my friends

And I can't wait to get on the road again

On the road again goin' places that I've never been

Seein' things that I may never see again

On the road again like a band of gypsies we go down the highway

We're the best of friends insisting that the world keep turning our way and our way

Is on the road again just can't wait to get on the road again...

[ guitar + harmonica ]

On the road again like a band of gypsies...

On the road again just can't wait to get on the road again...

Did you get an autograph?

One of these days I want to go to a book signing of a famous author; I think that would be so cool!

What were your dh's impressions?

No, he didn't get an autograph, but he did get to talk with WN for a few minutes. He said he was very personable and friendly. Also, unlike some celebrities who promote different causes, WN actually knows about the alternative fuel industry and sounds knowledgable when he speaks. Dh also said he seemed really old.:D

On the road again just can't wait to get on the road again

The life I love is making music with my friends

On the road again goin' places that I've never been

Seein' things that I may never see again

On the road again like a band of gypsies we go down the highway

We're the best of friends insisting that the world keep turning our way and our way

Is on the road again just can't wait to get on the road again...

[ guitar + harmonica ]

On the road again like a band of gypsies...

On the road again just can't wait to get on the road again...

I'm glad you posted this! I was just singing this to my ds today and I forgot "the world turning our way" part. It annoyed me and I meant to look it up, but I forgot. Thanks for the help!

Also, unlike some celebrities who promote different causes, WN actually knows about the alternative fuel industry and sounds knowledgable when he speaks. Dh also said he seemed really old.:D

How cool is that!! It's Willie!!! Way to go!!!

He would be one to know what he is supporting...he comes across that way...but ummmm....he is kind of old. Isn't he?!:lol:

That is pretty awesome......

I thought so, too. He looks a little like Rick Warren, doesn't he?

Heh, well, you're asking the wrong person about that. I had to Google him, but actually, yes he does! I was thinking of an actor though, a little known character actor. I saw him recently in a Law & Order episode and have seen him in other things, but have no idea what his name is. Er...not that it matters now, of course :lol:

Willie Nelson.:)

Okay, bring on the forehead-smacking smiley.;) Although I don't know that I ever would've figured it out on my own.

Diana, I'm envious of your husband, working in the alternative fuel industry ~ or attending functions wherein that's the topic, anyway.:)

I'm feeling like a real nitwit right now. Who's the famous person? No doubt once you tell me, I'll be smacking my forehead...:tongue_smilie:

Don't feel like a nitwit. I had no idea when I looked either.

Many wives, domestic violence, owing taxes and substance use.....I meet these people at work all the time.

(Okay, I'm ducking, so aim your tur-mators low)