Menu

Exercise Thread ~ December 14th - 20th

Negin

Le Yoga.

Went for a run. Can't get over the scale, even though my clothes are evidence. Yep, got a hang up. My weight doesn't jive with my size. And I just ate two cookies for breakfast.

I used to have bacon, eggs, and apple pie for breakfast every morning. I was thin and healthy at the time and my coworker who ate poparts every morning would lecture me about having pie for breakfast.  :huh:

Hi ladies! I've been so looking forward to joining you in the weekly exercise thread. Some of you have been so encouraging in my "early morning exercise motivation" thread. I had one solid week of concentrated exercise, instead of my regular incidental movement that comes with parenting 4 active kids. I could tell a difference in my muscle tone after three workouts!

I came home yesterday thrilled and excited about the changes and committed to keeping on no matter what. And then I dropped a crockpot on my foot and seemed to have fractured something. I have an appointment today. I'm so MAD! I can't put any weight at all. My first thought when the crockpot hit was "oh no. I just got started at the gym." I think just to keep up the momentum, I'll just keep going to the gym and work on my arms or something. I don't want to give up. :)

WELCOME!

Hi ladies! I've been so looking forward to joining you in the weekly exercise thread. Some of you have been so encouraging in my "early morning exercise motivation" thread. I had one solid week of concentrated exercise, instead of my regular incidental movement that comes with parenting 4 active kids. I could tell a difference in my muscle tone after three workouts!

I came home yesterday thrilled and excited about the changes and committed to keeping on no matter what. And then I dropped a crockpot on my foot and seemed to have fractured something. I have an appointment today. I'm so MAD! I can't put any weight at all. My first thought when the crockpot hit was "oh no. I just got started at the gym." I think just to keep up the momentum, I'll just keep going to the gym and work on my arms or something. I don't want to give up. :)

Sir, I think we can rebuild her.  We have the technology... <insert bionic woman theme music>       

Hopefully you're foot isn't broken.   :grouphug:   Although, you are right, this is a good time to focus on upper body strength if you have to be off your feet.

Today:  Skillwork, stretch, roll, MA. 

Negin, what did you decide?

I know what you did bc I read the other thread.  LOL    :D   :cheers2:     (I responded too, ;) )

It really is not my fault. If I smell baking cookies all day and they are right in front of my face oh so easy to grab....

This morning I did JM kickboxing. My favorite dvd of hers. Then a short stretch. 

I've decided my short term goals are my butt, abs, and regaining strength in my shoulder once it's healed completely. 

Crossing fingers for no broken foot! 

I'm on my tablet and can't multi-quote so forgive my multiple posts please.

I'd like to not care about the scale. I can tell there have been big changes this month. In addition to just feeling better and having way more energy my clothes also fit differently. I'm fitting nicely into clothes I haven't worn in at least two years. I shouldn't care what number the scale says, but I do.

TRX is suspension training. It's strength training that is great for also building core strength and balance.

https://www.trxtraining.com/suspension-training

Welcome, Sarah. I checked out your TRX link and it looks intriguing. I finally feel ready to start kettlebell training in January and I'm thinking the TRX might be my next goal after kettlebells.

Went for a run. Can't get over the scale, even though my clothes are evidence. Yep, got a hang up. My weight doesn't jive with my size. And I just ate two cookies for breakfast.

Cookies can certainly be breakfast! But only if they're eaten with love :D

Maybe you and Mom-ninja need to coordinate cookie eating time :lol:

Lollie, welcome. You'll find this is a great group of women who are warm, encouraging and pretty darn funny, too. Hoping your foot heals quickly.

Nothing today. There was too much noise nearby all night long (Christmas festivities and endless partying), I didn't sleep well and I don't feel well. I decided to make lemons out of lemonade and do my henna thing . I may do some Classical Stretch later. 

I am seriously considering not wo today.   You understand how difficult this is.   I'll have to put a :(  face in my wo journal for today and I'll have to live with that for the rest of my days. 

But life being what it is at the moment, I think it would not be prudent to push myself.    

Maybe I can make it up tmr. 

We shall see.

Yay. The foot is not broken!! Doctor said it shouldn't take long to heal. Today, I'm catching up on the things I neglected the last few days. Tomorrow morning I'll do a little modification and should be able to do most of my workout minus the treadmill and a few of the leg exercises. I'm so glad to be able to keep the momentum!

I've been down for the count.  I didn't have a UTI, just the stomach bug from h*ll.  My dd had it too. :(  Nasty bug.  I'm feeling much better from that, but now I have a head cold.  I decided not to run or do anything else today, because my body still feels shot.  If I feel better tomorrow I may run and start doing kettlebell swings. 

Lollie, glad your foot is ok.

Negin,  :grouphug:

I got both my wo sessions in yesterday. Today it's raining again. We'll see how that plays out with the hill hike but yoga-Pilates is on the roster.

It like never stops raining where you live. 

I am seriously considering not wo today.   You understand how difficult this is.   I'll have to put a :(  face in my wo journal for today and I'll have to live with that for the rest of my days. 

But life being what it is at the moment, I think it would not be prudent to push myself.    

Maybe I can make it up tmr. 

We shall see.

We all have those days. 

Accept it. Move on. 

I know that I'm getting a bit boring and I know that I should do more, but really, the only thing that I feel like doing today after spending an hour or so going through Christmas recipes and planning my grocery list, is Classical Stretch. I'll do 3 of them:

• Muscle Chains
  • Eccentric Strengthening
  • Abdominals

I hope that I'm a bit more interesting tomorrow. 

Sick, injured or put upon by the season I hope you all feel better tomorrow. Ds had an accident last night ( black ice) and dh had the stomach bug all night so I did not get the sleep I need :(. 

Lisa, I hope that your son and your husband feel better.  :grouphug: 

Your car also.