Menu

s/o calculus for babies - what's good?

Despite LoF rather overdoing the early introduction of set theory, I find myself greatly attracted to the idea of gently introducing elements of more advanced concepts so that they will be somewhat familiar when the child 'gets to' calculus or what have you.

So, can anybody recommend really good books or other resources for achieving this?

Not just math concepts, but anything that might be a central concept, method or terminology set in middle / high school that would be practical to introduce in some way at elementary level. (Apart from classic works of literature; I think I have that covered already.)

Although I've not tried it yet, I'm intrigued by the book Moebius Noodles: Adventurous Math for the Playground Crowd. The info about it says, "Learn how you can create an immersive rich math environment for your baby. Find out ways to help your toddler discover deep math in everyday experiences."  It looks like it's aimed at a younger crowd (under 7?), but you can apparently preview the entire pdf of the book for free on the website. 

Although I've not tried it yet, I'm intrigued by the book Moebius Noodles: Adventurous Math for the Playground Crowd. The info about it says, "Learn how you can create an immersive rich math environment for your baby. Find out ways to help your toddler discover deep math in everyday experiences." It looks like it's aimed at a younger crowd (under 7?), but you can apparently preview the entire pdf of the book for free on the website.

This is really wel-done:)

And if you enjoy it, make sure to sign up for the newsletter. They have some really great ideas and even occasional classes geared toward teaching little kids some great math concepts. They are even working on putting together a 'math circle in a box' type thing for the youngest of students!