Menu

The Worst College in America

It doesn't sound like a great fit for DD (she's planning to be a herpetologist, so she needs a strong biology programs with undergraduate research opportunities), but I want to sign me up now-that just sounds like a lot of fun and a great experience.

Yes, I thought the process sounded like an ideal liberal arts education.

Pretty sure we got something from there, or someone mentioned it to us, last year when older dd was looking at schools.

One person's "awful" is another's great fit, and vice versa. Maybe it will be to their advantage to be number 1 simply because more people are talking about them now.

It sounds fascinating.  I'd love to spend a year or two there.  Something like this, which teaches students how to think about, question, and discuss primary sources, would be a great thing to do for a year before going to a more traditional college.  I mean, it'd be great if students completed their entire college education like this, but that's probably not going to happen- people are too afraid to get away from the traditional model because they need the degree and the prestige and the connections. But I'd love to see people spend at least part of their time at a place like this and actually learn how to think.     

• 1 month later...